Orient vs pinel

dis2cruise

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the link...

Would it be cheaper because there is 6 people going? Also Looking at the chart we would be picked up at st. Petersburg but what stop is it for pinel island?

Just pre arrange a taxi to come back for you as there are no taxi's there waiting.

We go with a tour operator to make sure we get back.

Sorry I don't have an answer regarding cabs.

We always hire Bernard's Tours and book a private tour with him. We have toured with him a few times now and it is what works best plus drinks are inclusive so we only take our towels, sun screen and camera.

In April we booked with Bernard and chose our itinerary to be Pinel in the morning and Maho in the afternoon.

We choose to do it this way to make sure we do not miss the ship. I have no idea how taxi prices are but would be nervous about getting one back to the ship but that's just me.

Next month we have booked with Bernard private again and are only going to Pinel and maybe a quick stop at Rima's.

Hopefully someone will reply who has done this using a taxi.

I do see pinel price at the bottom of the link it would be $8.00 per person to go to pinel if 6 passengers are going which we are...however is the $8.00 price starting at the st. Martin pier?

it just seems like a cheap price because when I look at orient beaches price it is $20.00 and isnt pinel a little more of a distance Than pinel island ?

I do see pinel price at the bottom of the link it would be $8.00 per person to go to pinel if 6 passengers are going which we are...however is the $8.00 price starting at the st. Martin pier?

it just seems like a cheap price because when I look at orient beaches price it is $20.00 and isnt pinel a little more of a distance Than pinel island ?

On that rate chart Pinel is $8 pp and Orient is $6 pp. The fare is from the Cruise Facility or downtown Philipsburg.

gary

Thanks Willbcrusin...

I did pop bernard a quick email to see how much it would cost for us to spend the day at pinel and then go to another beach after...

How much was it for Bernard to take you?

We just want to go to a beach where we can snorkel - NOT do any touring! - so we didn't even consider hiring a driver but it sounds like Pinel might be the best place (I guess better than Orient).

We leave tomorrow so I'd better decide soon! :eek:

How much was it for Bernard to take you?

We just want to go to a beach where we can snorkel - NOT do any touring! - so we didn't even consider hiring a driver but it sounds like Pinel might be the best place (I guess better than Orient).

We leave tomorrow so I'd better decide soon! :eek:

We too leave tomorrow can't wait! Bernards was pricey 75.00 pp this included going to pinel (we pay for boat ride over) and then leave there for another beach of our choice.

So we decided to take a cab and just tip a little extra at drop off and tell him what time to pick us up!

We too leave tomorrow can't wait! Bernards was pricey 75.00 pp this included going to pinel (we pay for boat ride over) and then leave there for another beach of our choice.

So we decided to take a cab and just tip a little extra at drop off and tell him what time to pick us up!

Try NOT paying him at drop off and paying for both directions at pick up.

Might be a little more incentive!

Archived