Miami hotel recommendations

liberty080208

Hi, We will be sailing the Celebrity Eclipse on 12/26 and are travelling Christmas night to Miami. We arrive in Miami at 9:15 pm and will need an overnight hotel that's nice, preferably close to the Port so it's easy to get a cab to get the ship. It's been some time since I've sailed from Miami, so am looking for recommendations from the experts. I would appreciate any assistance you can give. Thanks!

Since you are arriving late I suggest an airport area hotel instead of trying to cab to downtown Miami. Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, and many others) offer free shuttle service from MIA and there is a shopping center nearby (across the street from Hampton Inn) with drug, grocery and liquoir stores for those last minute cruise supplies.:D A taxi to POM the next day will run under $30 including tip, or your hotel can arrange for a commercial shuttle service for $10 per person.

Good luck!:)

Although a lot of people will disagree with the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami, I do agree with the recomendation! It does have small rooms, but for one nights stay, who cares. When you get up in the morning, you can see the cruise ships at the pier. There is great food, and lots of stuff to do at Bayside Marketplace. Have a great cruise!:D

You have three basic choices for a quickie overnight in Miami.

1. Downtown. This would most likely be HIPOM or IC. Nothing is free, either transport from airport or transport to the pier. You're also held captive in a place where the sidewalks roll up at 5:00 PM on weekdays. There is Bayside Marketplace, a captive-tourist ripoff with sub-par shopping and food.

2. Blue Lagoon. Typically has shuttles to/from airport and pier. Moderately priced hotel chains, chain restaurants and strip malls. For the price and conveninece, you could go further and fare worse.

3. Airport/Doral. Not a typical choice. Embassy Suites-Airport has a Fly, Sleep, Cruise deal that includes transportation to and from the airport and pier, breakfast and a manager's reception. There are other moderately priced places, but go to Doral Blvd/41st/36th Street area. More like Blue Lagoon than Airport proper.

I would go to lastminute travel dot com and book the Intercontinental. If you put in 12/25 and choose 5 stars it is the first hotel that pops up for $84. This is a steal for this hotel. It is in downtown right on the bay and you can get a room overlooking the bay where you can see your ship. It also right by the Bayside Market. Here's the amenities for the hotel so you can make sure you have the right one.

General Description

5 star accommodations

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to shopping district

Elegant design and décor

Great combination for business and pleasure

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay

Hotel within walking distance of Miami Business District

Local Attractions

South Beach - 5 miles

Vizcaya Museum & Gardens - 2.5 miles

Miami Seaquarium - 2.75 miles

Miami Beach - 3 miles

Recreation

Fully equipped fitness center

Outdoor swimming pool

Kids

Babysitting services at nominal fees

Restaurants & Lounges

Onsite restaurant

Full service bar/lounge

Services

24 hr front desk service

Concierge services

Business services available at front desk

Elevators

Valet dry cleaning and laundry services

Full service salon/spa

24 hour room service

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

30 Event facilities

66,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions

Accommodation

34 floors

Luxury guest rooms

Elegant guest rooms

Air conditioning

Cable/satellite television channels

Pay movies

Desk

Hair dryer

Internet access (surcharge)

Voice mail

644 guestrooms

Parking

On site parking available

Parking fee: $34

I would go to lastminute travel dot com and book the Intercontinental. If you put in 12/25 and choose 5 stars it is the first hotel that pops up for $84. This is a steal for this hotel. It is in downtown right on the bay and you can get a room overlooking the bay where you can see your ship. It also right by the Bayside Market. Here's the amenities for the hotel so you can make sure you have the right one.

General Description

5 star accommodations

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to shopping district

Elegant design and décor

Great combination for business and pleasure

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay

Hotel within walking distance of Miami Business District

Local Attractions

South Beach - 5 miles

Vizcaya Museum & Gardens - 2.5 miles

Miami Seaquarium - 2.75 miles

Miami Beach - 3 miles

Recreation

Fully equipped fitness center

Outdoor swimming pool

Kids

Babysitting services at nominal fees

Restaurants & Lounges

Onsite restaurant

Full service bar/lounge

Services

24 hr front desk service

Concierge services

Business services available at front desk

Elevators

Valet dry cleaning and laundry services

Full service salon/spa

24 hour room service

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

30 Event facilities

66,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions

Accommodation

34 floors

Luxury guest rooms

Elegant guest rooms

Air conditioning

Cable/satellite television channels

Pay movies

Desk

Hair dryer

Internet access (surcharge)

Voice mail

644 guestrooms

Parking

On site parking available

Parking fee: $34

I agree with kitkat. We stayed at the I/C last year, and will be there next month, the night before. Bayside has several places to eat, etc.:)

I am cruising New Years Eve and cannot find the IC on lastminute (searching from Dec. 28-31). I have tried on the 25th as well as one poster said it was there for 84$, which is not the case. So I guess they have sold out

Demand is extremely high for New Year's eve and a few days after due to all of the football bowl games and other events. You might have better luck searching away from downtown - MIA area, Doral, Coconut Grove, or even FLL and Hollywood. :confused:

Good luck!:)

I am cruising New Years Eve and cannot find the IC on lastminute (searching from Dec. 28-31). I have tried on the 25th as well as one poster said it was there for 84$, which is not the case. So I guess they have sold out

I just checked and there are still rooms available on last minute travel for 12/28 through 12/31. I put in MIA and the dates and then where it says advanced options I chose 5 stars. It will be the first hotel that pops up for $84 and says undercover hotel with the amenities I listed up a couple of posts. Try again and good luck!

Archived