Menus and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder!!

tiff123

My family and I are travelling on a 9 day cruise with my best friend's family. She happens to be more "OCD" than I am and told me today she wants to plan ahead which restaurant to eat at every night. So much for being "freestyle........" I told her I would check on CC for some answers.

So here is my question: Do the specialty restaurants have a menu that stays the same every day? Is it even possible to get ahold of a menu ahead of time or are us OCD people SOL? :o

Thanks!

My family and I are travelling on a 9 day cruise with my best friend's family. She happens to be more "OCD" than I am and told me today she wants to plan ahead which restaurant to eat at every night. So much for being "freestyle........" I told her I would check on CC for some answers.

So here is my question: Do the specialty restaurants have a menu that stays the same every day? Is it even possible to get ahold of a menu ahead of time or are us OCD people SOL? :o

Thanks!

The menus in the specialty restaurants are the same every night as far as my experience has been. Only the main dining rooms change their menus every day (except at breakfast). There may be some special meals, like the murder mystery, but that would be an exception. You probably could Google the menus if you know the names of the restaurants. I know someone posted all of the menus for Norwegian Epic when it first debuted.

Thanks!

menus stay the same everyday in the speciality restaurants--need to make reservations for them on board--do a search above on menus you will see threads for the speciality restaurants. The speciality restaurant menus are the same for all NCL ships, although not all speciality restaurants are on every ship.

BG

BG

in a recent, extremely helpful thread. Thanks EpicBride16 for the compilation. I do realize that O'Sheehan's on one ship will mostly be Blue Lagoon on a lot more (23/7 diner) but as I am likewise somewhat OCD about this, I can fully understand!

- - Links to menus for Specialty Restaurants? (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1232127)

And for me, I need to know hours of Cagney's for suite breakfast and lunch, whether they are the same for at sea and in port days as well as disembark. Also, on a 7 day Western Caribbean Spiriit cruise coming up next Spring, what day of the week will be Lobster(Grouper)/Beef Wellington and Prime Rib nights...so I can better coordinate my specialty restaurant treats... See what I mean?

The hours for the suite breakfast and lunch differ port-sea days. The times will be listed in the daily program. The suites on the Spirit have a copy of the Speciality restaurants in the cabin. You can ask the butler for a copy of the weeks main Dining room menus. We are the same way-like to plan what nights for the speciality restaurants.

Great! Thanks for posting that. Now I can show her all the specialty restaurant menus and the static part of the MDR menus.

Final question, is Cagney's worth the price? I've heard Le Bistro is better or that the MDR is just as good as Cagneys. My BFF's hubby will be celebrating a b-day on the cruise and she was thinking about a special dinner to take him to. They are not very "adventurous" when it comes to food.

Thanks!

Great! Thanks for posting that. Now I can show her all the specialty restaurant menus and the static part of the MDR menus.

Final question, is Cagney's worth the price? I've heard Le Bistro is better or that the MDR is just as good as Cagneys. My BFF's hubby will be celebrating a b-day on the cruise and she was thinking about a special dinner to take him to. They are not very "adventurous" when it comes to food.

Thanks!

We love both Cagneys and Le Bistro. Two different experiences. If they are not adventurous, I would pick Cagneys. (not that Le Bistro is only for the adventurous) Cagneys is perfect for anyone who loves a good steak (or other meats) and great sides.

Have fun!

-Kim

Thanks!

Menus stay the same in the specialty dining rooms. You can see them upon boarding and decide where to eat and when at that time.

As for the differencd in CAgney's and Le Bistro, I am a Le Bistro loyalist, have been since the beginning, but some including our daughter and Son in Law prefer Cagney's. I have never been crazy over Cagney's for the price. Le Bistro is french, so the entrees come with more sauces. Cagney's is your basic steak house.

Nita

Archived