NCL Jade dry dock

maremike

Sometime in Jan 2011. Dry docking in Hamburg Germany.

Unless NCL is cancelling a cruise then there will be no dry dock in Jan 2011. Here are the cruises planned for that time frame:

Jan 2, 2011 12 day cruise

Jan 14, 2011 9 day cruise

Jan 23, 2011 12 day cruise

Feb 4, 2100 9 day cruise

Feb 12, 12 day cruise

Feb 25, 9 day cruise

I would think that NCL would have contacted passengers by now.

D man

Hamburg Germany.

DSTM. Only passing on information given to me by a crew member who has just left the ship. I also would have thought NCL would have notified pax by now if this was true. However I'm not sure why he would have told me this. Sorry I don't want to alarm people with cruises booked during this period but my reply to the original message is made in all good faith.

DSTM. Only passing on information given to me by a crew member who has just left the ship. I also would have thought NCL would have notified pax by now if this was true. However I'm not sure why he would have told me this. Sorry I don't want to alarm people with cruises booked during this period but my reply to the original message is made in all good faith.

i haven't heard anything about this and have decided not to always take what the crew members say at face value. I am not saying it isn't the case, but normally, if a planned dry dock is scheduled those booked are advised months in advance. It will be interesting to see when this takes place.

Nita

i haven't heard anything about this and have decided not to always take what the crew members say at face value. I am not saying it isn't the case, but normally, if a planned dry dock is scheduled those booked are advised months in advance. It will be interesting to see when this takes place.

Nita

yep..crew members have been known to stretch the truth....of course they all have 11 kids back home they are sending money to:rolleyes:

yep..crew members have been known to stretch the truth....of course they all have 11 kids back home they are sending money to:rolleyes:

We actually had an officer on the Spirit tell us the Epic was a no go about 2 weeks before the company annonced work had begun on it and that was an officer. I don't think he was a very high officer (I can't remember).

Nita

Rumors can sometimes be true, but aren't most of the time.

It's a disservice to just state the next Jade drydock will be sometime in January.

There's at least 3 Jade cruises set for January, which ones do you think will be cancelled? 1 or all 3? Will the drydock stretch into February? Do you know how much stir with what little information you provided is going to cause on this board? I bet you do! Just sit back and watch the resulting infighting can be fun.

My suggestion to all the readers of this thread, wait until an official response from NCL before panicking. No one will be able to assure you whether your cruise will be cancelled or not until that happens.....

May this thread drop off page 1 quickly.....

The trouble is the more I respond to this post the more I leave myself open to abuse as has already happened. If the information is wrong then great and I'm sorry.

You will notice that I am a new poster. I have been waiting for some time to find something to contribute to the message board. When the question about the Jade dry dock came up I thought as I had been given some information I would pass it on. What a mistake on my part. I will not make it again.

With hindsight I wish I had not responded to the original post. On reflection I'm not sure how anyone could reply to this sort of post without either worrying or incurring someone's wrath. I posted in good faith but will go back to reading the boards and not contributing.

As for the key-board warrior 'electricron' to interpret my post and respond in the manner you have is a disgrace and reflects more on you as a person than it does me. And for your information I was given a date but as it was of no interest to me at the time it has not remained in my memory.

what i do find of interest here is that the deck plans for jade are based on a before or after date. that date being april 29, 2011. it certainly leads me to think that "something" is in the plans for the jade.

It is unlikely that the floor plans are changing (tough to do once the ship is constructed - and certainly impossible over a single night!! (jk))

What is being shown on the 'before' and 'after' dates is the new grouping and pricing for room categories. If you look over the other ships they also reflect 'before' and 'after' dates depending on their sail dates.

The trouble is the more I respond to this post the more I leave myself open to abuse as has already happened. If the information is wrong then great and I'm sorry.

You will notice that I am a new poster. I have been waiting for some time to find something to contribute to the message board. When the question about the Jade dry dock came up I thought as I had been given some information I would pass it on. What a mistake on my part. I will not make it again.

With hindsight I wish I had not responded to the original post. On reflection I'm not sure how anyone could reply to this sort of post without either worrying or incurring someone's wrath. I posted in good faith but will go back to reading the boards and not contributing.

As for the key-board warrior 'electricron' to interpret my post and respond in the manner you have is a disgrace and reflects more on you as a person than it does me. And for your information I was given a date but as it was of no interest to me at the time it has not remained in my memory.

I'm sorry you felt disgraced, that wasn't my intention. But when rumors are spread on this forum as facts and without specific dates, it usually leads to all sorts of speculation as I tried to point out. I'm happy you returned and responded again clarify that you are responding with an answer that you overheard. That does help to keep the speculating down somewhat. But you must admit your first reply suggesting January 2011 as being a fact may or may not be the whole truth.

Archived