Chankanaab Manatee Encounter - Cozumel

pinkmaija

I did and LOVED it!!! Here's a review I wrote with pictures.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d504590-r59970416-Dolphin_Discovery_Group-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Also, here's a video I posted on facebook. I made this video public so anyone can see it, but I think you will have to log in first if you have an account.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=778286893&v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=356149321893

I hope this helps. Definitely do the manatee encounter over the dolphins. There will not be as many people, it's cheaper, and you can do a dolphin encounter almost anywhere. You can't find a manatee encounter in too many places.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

We have done the swim with the manatees twice. Both times, the area was further away from where those who were not doing an animal encounter would watch. It wasn't easy to see them if you were not doing the encounter. Most of the time you stand on a ledge and feed them. The water here was up to my chest. (I'm 5'4") You did not actually have to "swim" with them, if you do not like to swim, but you need to be comfortable in the water. The swimming portion of the program was awesome. All of us were required to wear a life jacket.