LIVE from Quest 9/20 Venice to Rome

takemewithyou

Onboard Quest....having a wonderful time. Loving it! Rest assured that all is well with Azamara! :D

Bed is comfortable! I thought the Journey mattress was bad, but happy to report this one is good. Does have a small pillowtop to it. Have an egg crate as well.

Food is wonderful! Service is good - better than before (and I didn't really think it needed improvement). House wines have been mostly Italian and good. Very drinkable, but I am not a big wine snob. Having lattes in Windows Cafe for breakfast each day and they are good! The coffee has improved. Tried a latte in Mosaic Cafe - but like the latte upstairs better.

Tonight there is a complimentary cocktail hour for Discoverer level! :D

Yesterday's cruise critic gathering was very nice with champagne and mimosas and hot appetizers.

Just want to report that all is wonderful!

I am also on the Quest. We have a lot of free minutes so I will be checking in often. So far the internet has been working great. Everything on the ship has been wonderful. We had great weather in Venice and we were docked at San Bacilio. Today in Koper was beautiful. We have already met the captain and hotel director.

I, too, am on the Quest. The service level has been kicked up a notch at breakfast. Coffee is being served promptly with no need to go to the machine to get it. Our cabin is spotless. The crew is upbeat.

The Cruisecritic party was held in the Looking Glass lounge, which was a mistake. There was another party there at the same time. On top of that, there was live music. There didn't seem to be much mingling between the senior staff and the guests. It was hard to hear the introductions. I think the party should be moved back to the Library.

And we've had fantastic weather. We're in Split Croatia today where the temperature is about 80 and the sun is shining.

People who enjoy wine say that the wine has been good.

Lots of people from the UK aboard. There were deals from the UK that included air and a substantial OBC. Lucky for them.

This is our 7th Azamara cruise and we continue to enjoy the line. Is it now worth 60% more than we paid? I'll probably know by the end of the cruise.

I, too, am on the Quest. The service level has been kicked up a notch at breakfast. Coffee is being served promptly with no need to go to the machine to get it. Our cabin is spotless. The crew is upbeat.

The Cruisecritic party was held in the Looking Glass lounge, which was a mistake. There was another party there at the same time. On top of that, there was live music. There didn't seem to be much mingling between the senior staff and the guests. It was hard to hear the introductions. I think the party should be moved back to the Library.

And we've had fantastic weather. We're in Split Croatia today where the temperature is about 80 and the sun is shining.

People who enjoy wine say that the wine has been good.

Lots of people from the UK aboard. There were deals from the UK that included air and a substantial OBC. Lucky for them.

This is our 7th Azamara cruise and we continue to enjoy the line. Is it now worth 60% more than we paid? I'll probably know by the end of the cruise.

Hi TGG

We are just off the Quest weeks ago and as usual loved the ship and had a wonderful CC mix and mingle...know you are also having a Great time .Please tell Richard, Capt Carl and Gary 'hello'.

Best whiches

Steve and Kate

I am also very impressed with the service at breakfast. No one ever offered to get coffee for me on the last cruise on Journey. Now, the minute you sit, there is a server who offers to get hot tea, coffee or juice. It is very nice. The servers are working hard at breakfast!

As to the value of the cruise and the current prices, I know my cabin is $2000 pp more right now than what I paid for it. To continue to sail Azamara, I would have to drop down to a cabin without a balcony. Not sure I would want to do that.

This cruise is almost fully booked. When we left, they were showing 5 available PH cabins. Yesterday, they had BINGO for the only available PH left. They say they have a "full house".

We had dinner in Prime C last night and it was top notch. All the courses were excellent!

Happy to hear about Quest! We are on Venice to Athens in Nov, so where was the Quest docked in Venice? I have same dilemma you all had: Port website says San Basilio but docs say Marittima

------------------

Helen

Hopefully you will be at San Basilio - it is the preferred dock - closer to St Mark's Square. We didn't receive notice that we would be at San Basilio until Host Andy got confirmation for us - then we all got e-mails from Azamara that the docs had the wrong info on which dock for Venice.

Thanks, Andy! :)

So happy to hear from you all how well things are going. Anybody tell me how difficult it is/was to get specialty rest reservations? We are boarding in Venice and not inclined to rush to the ship and forfeit some of our time in Venice but have some concern about reservations if we wait to head out to the ship. How hard was it to get your first choice(s)? Thanks for taking the time.

-------------------

Helen

I am also very impressed with the service at breakfast. No one ever offered to get coffee for me on the last cruise on Journey. Now, the minute you sit, there is a server who offers to get hot tea, coffee or juice. It is very nice. The servers are working hard at breakfast!

Is the same as the service I experienced on Journey last week... The Windows/Breeza wait staff was extremely attentive and always quick to elicit and fulfill drink orders at all times... I was impressed...

So happy to hear from you all how well things are going. Anybody tell me how difficult it is/was to get specialty rest reservations? We are boarding in Venice and not inclined to rush to the ship and forfeit some of our time in Venice but have some concern about reservations if we wait to head out to the ship. How hard was it to get your first choice(s)? Thanks for taking the time.

-------------------

Helen

We had no trouble getting reservations at Aqulina or Prime C After we left Venice.

We are in Kotor today. This is a really beautiful port. Captian Carl is very nice. Best captain we have ever had! Usually by the end of the cruise I don't even know who the captain is but on this cruise I have chatted with him everyday. He has a great sense of humor and his evening anoucements are funny and very informative. The Hotel Director, Captain and Cruise Director took a group for a hike up to the fort. It was great to socialize with them in such an informal way.

Russ the cruise director said he is leaving the ship in Rome with us and Tony is replacing him. Service has been great. The entertainment has also been good. We saw the Quest singers and dancers last night and they were very lively. Anyone comming on board in the furture is in for a real treat.

Tonight we had a buffet on the pool deck with fresh fish that just arrived prior to sailing from Kotor this pm. It arrived early this afternoon, but was held up until 5:15 pm - a little problem with customs...per Chef Lisa......the buffet started at 5:30 pm. :eek:

The buffet was delicious. Fish buffet with mahi-mahi, calimari, mussels cooked in garlic, with white wine, a little cream, some other fresh white fish.....very, very good.

Do not misss the special pool buffet meals. :D

Kotor, Montenegro - what a port! It was so special.....sailing with fjord views like Norway. Just so special....!!! Great commentary beginning at 7 am for the sail in. Great walled city with a fortress on the hill. Some great wine here, too. :D:D

By the way, Azamara is serving wine specific to the ports....last night Croatian wine when we left Split, tonight...wines from Montenegro....early in the cruise....Italian wines .....very nice touch! :);)

Archived