Oasis = boardwalk cabin - shows and wake?

familycruzer

On deck 14, what do the dots in the balcony cabins mean on the Royal website? Cabin 14315 is one of them.

As Merion Mom stated, the view from these cabins are somewhat obstructed. The Boardwalk balcony cabins on deck 14 from about mid-boardwalk to all the way aft have that huge cross-over (where you see the "Oasis of the Seas" sign below) as a major part of their view. They can still look down on the boardwalk itself but the closer you are to the aft on deck 14, the less you will see of the aqua theater and the ocean. So, while on all the other boardwalk decks your view improves the closer you get to the aft, on deck 14 you will benefit from being further from the aft and more forward.

2598121090092706180S500x500Q85.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
As Merion Mom stated, the view from these cabins are somewhat obstructed. The Boardwalk balcony cabins on deck 14 from about mid-boardwalk to all the way aft have that huge cross-over (where you see the "Oasis of the Seas" sign below) as a major part of their view. They can still look down on the boardwalk itself but the closer you are to the aft on deck 14, the less you will see of the aqua theater and the ocean. So, while on all the other boardwalk decks your view improves the closer you get to the aft, on deck 14 you will benefit from being further from the aft and more forward.

2598121090092706180S500x500Q85.jpg

Bonnie (or anyone else who might know), I'm wondering how much that big cross-over structure obstructs the sun from the cabins below it?

I am seriously thinking about booking the last aft cabin on deck 10 port-side because I love the view it appears to offer, but I really don't want to have all my sun blocked out by that cross-over thing.

Also, I might actually book side-by-side cabins, so my older kids can be next to us, but does anyone know if all the balcony dividers can be opened to connect balconies, or only ones for connecting cabins?

Bonnie (or anyone else who might know), I'm wondering how much that big cross-over structure obstructs the sun from the cabins below it?

I am seriously thinking about booking the last aft cabin on deck 10 port-side because I love the view it appears to offer, but I really don't want to have all my sun blocked out by that cross-over thing.

Also, I might actually book side-by-side cabins, so my older kids can be next to us, but does anyone know if all the balcony dividers can be opened to connect balconies, or only ones for connecting cabins?

Actually the sun being blocked might not be a totally bad thing. I know we were on the Oasis in June and in a boardwalk balcony and there was little to no breeze, so it could be quite warm. Don't know if that bar totally blocks the sun, but some shade would have been nice. We were on deck 10 port side, and it could get very warm to unbearable on the balcony. We're cruising the Allure in December and decided to try deck 11 starboard side this time.

I was IN that exact cabin (10729) and I don't remember NOT having sun. I'm sure at high noon, we probably didn't have sun, but in the morning and after noon when the sun is lower in the sky, I'm certain we had sun. I will go back and look at some of my photos though to double check. I am not a fan of too much sun, so I would have hated it if my balcony got full sun! We did get a breeze on that last balcony though, which was nice.

Here are some photos looking up at the portside end of the Boardwalk balconies. You can see that only the last balcony has the "crossover bridge" above. The top balcony that you see under the crossover, is deck 12. There is no deck 13 and deck 14 stops 2 cabins short of the lower decks. I would say that it was only several hours a day that there was not sun shining directly on the balcony. It is HOT HOT HOT in the Caribbean, so having shade during the heat of the day, is not a bad thing, in my opinion! And you have to take into consideration what direction you are sailing and time of day to figure out if the balcony is sunny or not...

2773171260036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

2773171260036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you so much for the info, Bonnie. I'm probably going to book those two end cabins just because it's a completely unique cabin location experience. I've enjoyed reading your comments and others about them too. We recently experienced our first corner aft in the Mediterranean and absolutely loved it. I like the idea of being able to see the wake again from the Boardwalk aft balconies.

I am a little concerned about noise issues, since the reports I've read aren't very conclusive - some say the noise is a big issue, and some say it's not at all. Also, I think I might have to take the deck 11 cabins since only one of the ones I want on 10 is available right now for our dates. That doesn't seem like a huge difference though.

Thank you so much for the info, Bonnie. I'm probably going to book those two end cabins just because it's a completely unique cabin location experience. I've enjoyed reading your comments and others about them too. We recently experienced our first corner aft in the Mediterranean and absolutely loved it. I like the idea of being able to see the wake again from the Boardwalk aft balconies.

I am a little concerned about noise issues, since the reports I've read aren't very conclusive - some say the noise is a big issue, and some say it's not at all. Also, I think I might have to take the deck 11 cabins since only one of the ones I want on 10 is available right now for our dates. That doesn't seem like a huge difference though.

Deck 11 will be great! Maybe even better than 10! Don't worry about the noise. It is true that you can hear the shows when they are going on in the Aqua Theater, but that doesn't happen every night. And, most nights you will either be watching the show or out on the ship doing something else! I did not lose any sleep due to noise. All noise stopped by 11:30p.m. on our cruise. I am a VERY light sleeper too. ;)

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and booked side-by-side aft cabins on Deck 11. I like the idea of opening up the barrier b/w balconies and having one long balcony for all 4 of us to sit on.

Now the research begins again..... :)

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and booked side-by-side aft cabins on Deck 11. I like the idea of opening up the barrier b/w balconies and having one long balcony for all 4 of us to sit on.

Now the research begins again..... :)

I'm not sure the Boardwalk balcony dividers open up to each other like some of the the ocean-view dividers do :confused: I could be wrong though!

• 8 months later...

i'm considering 10321 or 9321 (i'd prefer a lower deck)

i'd love to see the pics of the view from your balcony.

as the link to the ones you posted is not working.

I was also in 10329 (and loved it) Here are some photos of the views...

2872959330036355651S500x500Q85.jpg2318455960036355651S500x500Q85.jpg2468757660036355651S500x500Q85.jpg2360127110036355651S500x500Q85.jpg[/url]2622959200036355651S500x500Q85.jpg2615148040036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

I have cabins 10729 and 10727 booked on the Oasis on 8/6/11. I'll get some pix and post. We specifically wanted the last aft cabin so we would get the most H2O in the view. We had cabin 10719 on the Allure for one of the pre-inaugural cruises and loved it. We usually book oceanview balconies on other ships, but the uniqueness of the BV balconies seemed appropriate for such a unique ship.

mac_tlc

i'm considering 10321 or 9321 (i'd prefer a lower deck)

i'd love to see the pics of the view from your balcony.

as the link to the ones you posted is not working.

Sorry about the broken links! I gave up my premium membership with "Webshots" and had to delete some albums.

But, here are some photos taken from my balcony of 10729 on Oasis...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• 1 year later...
Did you find if watching the shows from your balcony that you can see the show well while sitting on the balcony or do you need to stand for a view of a running show? We have 10329 booked for May 2013 and I am just curious?

When there was just 2 of us watching, we could sit and watch the show (through the glass railing). Any more than 2 and it was easier to stand and watch.

You can absolutely see if you don't draw the curtains. BTW< we loved our Boardwalk balcony, but there were two older ladies staying across the way in the room dead ahead of ours. Every night they would undress and not close the curtains! The first couple of nights my Mum said, "I guess it's time for the show!" on the 4th night she felt bad and literally walked over and found their cabin. She told them and I guess they were shocked and embarrassed! But, there were no more shows and Mum felt that she did her good deed by cluing them in! lol

We sailed on the Allure, in room 10325.

During the afternoon, there was a little noise from the kids programs on the Boardwalk.

In the evening, once we closed and locked the door, we really didn't hear anything.

We watched the Aqua Show the first night from our balcony, and then saw the show from the seats. It was actually a different experience for the seats. From above you see the scuba divers helping below, and it's not quite as "magical".

While we didn't spend a lot of time on the balcony, on evening, we did see that they were showing a "sing along" version of the movie Grease on the big screens.

I posted pictures on a different web site " cruise line rooms dot com " (without the spaces). If you look up the Allure, and then look for room 10325 you will see the pictures. Also, I posted pictures on the general ship photos. (you have to click on Add General Ship Photos to see them

• 1 month later...

Archived