Princess Platinum Insurance

scalan

Used it for one medical claim and it paid within a month. I like this insurance bec. you can basically "cancel for any reason" and use the money for a future cruise credit... it's not cash back but that's okay w/ use because we'd be cruising on Princess again anyway! To each his own though; others still prefer purchasing separately.

My MIL had this insurance for a cruise. She became very ill, was taken off the ship and hospitalized. She had medical expenses on the ship, in the hospital on land and then on the flight home.

It was a huge PITA to get the claims settled, and I have a lot of experience with insurance. She passed away before it was resolved (took over a year). I would never purchase cruiseline insurance. Prefer to have insurance through a third party.

Maybe it was just her claim, but I don't ever need a problem like that again.

Thanks for the input re the experiences with this insurance. We bought it at the time of booking (as we did 3 other times) but I suddenly, for no real reason, began to question it in my mind. On one of the cruises a passenger was taken off in Panama, hospitalized there and we were told that the Princess insurance covered all. So, will keep our fingers crossed and hope we never have to find out first hand.

Archived