New Orleans Hotel

lovetexas

Still looking for a hotel that allows free parking.

Not much luck-- had booked the Holiday Inn Conv Ctr. hotels.com said they had free parking, but when called the hotel they said no?:eek:

Does anyone know of a hotel that does offer the parking?

We are just staying one night, and would like something mid-range.. 100-200$$

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Have a 10 yo, so don't need the partying stuff (this time)...

I think the Drury offers free parking? We have stayed there 3 times. (We have sailed out of New Orleans 4 times). They are very accomodating and the motel is clean with a great "free" breakfast. The problem with this location is the taxi ride from the motel to the port is about $35.00 even though it's not that far. You might not save that much over parking in port garage if you have to take a taxi back to the motel to get to your vehicle.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

Does the Maison St. Charles offer a free shuttle to the port? I looked at the web site, but can't tell. Also, any comments about the hotel is appreciated. We are trying to decide a hotel that offers free parking, but safe. Will have two kids (7 & 11) with us, so no party time in N.O.

I don't think there is a shuttle offered.

The reviews on tripadvisor have been on the good side.

The taxi ride is really cheap- like 6 bucks per person.

I know, I have a 10 yo-- so we are just planning on driving around and looking at the beautiful plantation homes. She actually said this am that would be fun because they have studied them in social studies...

Thanks guys-- we booked the Maison St. Charles.

Not sure about taxi prices, but the hotel has good reviews..

We were just there before our cruise and really liked it! There last weekend, got back from cruise last night. The hotel is extremely clean and the breakfast was better than expected. They had make your own waffles, cheese omelets (premade but hot and good), sausage, toast, bagels, cereals, yoghurt, apples and bananas and orange juice. I was able to use my Choice points and we flew in so I don't know about parking, but I think I remember seeing something about being able to park and ride. I know they had secure fenced in parking areas. The hotel consists of several buildings with outside doors arranged around courtyards. The St. Charles streetcar stop is in the medium across from the hotel. It's right beside a Wendy's, near a Popeye's and across from Emeril's Delmonica restaurant. We did not want to dress up that much so we asked the desk for a restaurant in walking distance that was not fast food. If you go out the front and turn right the restaurant Zea's is about 4 blocks down on the right. It's a nice rotisserie and grill. Food was delicious and so much of it we brought some back to the frigerator. You can request a room with a fridge and microwave. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Very safe area at night.

Taxi from airport was $42 and taxi to port was $40. Taxi was waiting outside hotel when we checked out on Monday. Others going on the cruise were there too and seemed pleased. The hotel arranged 2 large van taxis for them.

You will enjoy your stay there. We really did and if you don't stay in the Quarter for one reason or another, this is definitely the best place.

Seems you can book the Holiday Inn, Superdome through stay123 for $109 and receive upto 8 days free parking. I believe the Drury Inn also has a cruise parking package.

I checked and yep they had holiday inn for $109 .. so I called the hotel and got a $99 cruise special with free parking for Holiday Inn Superdome. They didnt have it a month ago but if they were offering it on a Travel site, thought Id check again .. its back. the cruise special including free parking.

yes they have a shuttle TO the port. Shuttles leave on the hour. No shuttle is allowed to pick you up right at the port. (but the shuttle driver said we could call and walk out to the street to meet him)

Archived