Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Bon voyage to Pam and Anita!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful, relaxing and safe trip. We will all be waiting for that wonderful EARTH/FIRE pictodiary when you return. There will be a pictdiary on return, correct :D:D:D:D

I second that!!!!

Hi, Can anyone tell me which of these colors looks like fire?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Elegant-Green-Womens-Prom-Evening-Gown-Dress-/260962070640?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&var=&hash=item82681744db#ht_2529wt_1037

I have a cruise in April and need formal dresses

I'm afraid I'd be leary of this site. icon13.gif They state that they can't be responsible for the shade of colors. I'd ask for a sample swatch of material since these are handmade, and it looks like these come from China, so you may not get them in time. JMHO

Hey everyone, I'm playing catch up!!! Been extremely busy here lately. Weather has not cooperated, so no new pics yet. Hopefully tomorrow will be better- I'm off work!!!! Plan on staying home most of the day and trying to get some work done around my own house for a change. And if the sun cooperates, will try to sneak in some time to get aquas shot.:eek:

I did get a few minutes to shop a couple weeks ago and found a few pieces I think are fire. Found a beautiful fire yellow/red/orange printed scarf. The clerk who ran it up thought that it looked wonderful with a yellow jacket I had on. I will try to get photo of that to get your opinion.

Bon voyage to Pam and Anita!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful, relaxing and safe trip. We will all be waiting for that wonderful EARTH/FIRE pictodiary when you return. There will be a pictdiary on return, correct :D:D:D:D

Thank you!

Definitely YES on the pictodiary. I write a mean post vacation report...although I will admit that before this one it has largely been limited to DINING report at Walt Disney World! LOL. But a WARDROBE report should be way more fun...and considering that Mom and Dad will be staying with me until the beginning of April...we should be getting it done soon after we are back from our vaca!!

Ok - a really quick post. I grabbed a few minutes between cleaning to snap these, the sun was out! Absolutely no makeup as you can see. Ugh! I took off my glasses so I couldn't see very well and I'm tired!! Overlook the red rimmed eyes- they are this way ever since I have had to use 3 different eye drops because of MD. Getting old is no fun at all! I'm thinking the last one is not my aqua which is ok as its now to big for me any way. Hope the lighting is better this time.

2a98fo7.jpg2ko9wi.jpg219vtpz.jpgokbu2w.jpg34rewcn.jpgs3dmv6.jpg

Thank you!

Definitely YES on the pictodiary. I write a mean post vacation report...although I will admit that before this one it has largely been limited to DINING report at Walt Disney World! LOL. But a WARDROBE report should be way more fun...and considering that Mom and Dad will be staying with me until the beginning of April...we should be getting it done soon after we are back from our vaca!!

Have a FABULOUS 40th birthday celebration!!!!

Jane

Hi Linda,

Sorry about the long delay in responding :o

These pics have much better lighting than your previous set--except for A1, the lighting looks off in that one.

I think that A3 is the best of the bunch. Your skin tone and hair color look a bit richer in this one I think.

B2 is my least favorite. You look a little washed out to my eye. I also agree with Debbie, overall, I think our darker colors look better. The lighter ones even if they are bright and clear just don't seem to have the pizzazz that our darker FIRE colors do. Not sure why, just my thoughts. I have a light aqua shirt that seems about the color of your B1 and B2. I wonder how my pics in that shirt will compare to yours???

What do you think? IRL, how do the pics compare to what the colors of the wall, sofa and clothing look like?

Ok - a really quick post. I grabbed a few minutes between cleaning to snap these, the sun was out! Absolutely no makeup as you can see. Ugh! I took off my glasses so I couldn't see very well and I'm tired!! Overlook the red rimmed eyes- they are this way ever since I have had to use 3 different eye drops because of MD. Getting old is no fun at all! I'm thinking the last one is not my aqua which is ok as its now to big for me any way. Hope the lighting is better this time.

I haven't seen either dress IRL. As always, just my opinion, Linda but, I think the first dress looks cool overall. It's such a pretty dress too.

The second orangey dress looks warmer than the first dress but, I'm not convinced it's a good FIRE color. I can't find it on the Coldwater Creek site for a close up though.

Has anyone seen these at CC IRL? I would like to order them, but am afraid they may not be fire tones. [ATTACH]226205[/ATTACH][ATTACH]226207[/ATTACH]and this coral one?http://www.coldwatercreek.com/product-detail/60213/66784/triple-ruffle-sheath.aspx?colorid=F34&refLink=dresses.aspx

I've been meaning to pass along this website. I get their catalogs in the mail. I've never ordered from them but, they seem to have things similar to Athleta.

There is a color I noticed in the catalog today called "teaberry". It looks like it "could" be a FIRE color.

It also has a neat bathing suit in what I "think" could be a nice EARTH color (or maybe FIRE depending on its brightness???) called plum-citron.

Any other new and wonderful discoveries out there from anyone?????

Kim! We picked up the Summer 2012 Title Nine catalog from Curves last night...isn't that funny? They share magazines and catalogs...ANYWAY...

Mom and I totally think TEABERRY looks like FIRE. Don't know if it will IRL but it is definitely worth trying.

Flipping through...we think SHERBET (orange), APPLE (green), AQUA (blue;)), STONE (light neutral), ESPRESSO (dark neutral), POPPY PINK (Coral/Orange), SPINACH, CORAL SOLID, BERRY (Purple)...

We aren't sure about CITRON...in the cardigan sweater, it looked pretty clear...and in the athletic wear...BRIGHT

HERB and PLUM are looking EARTH to us...

Has anyone seen these at CC IRL? I would like to order them, but am afraid they may not be fire tones. [ATTACH]226205[/ATTACH][ATTACH]226207[/ATTACH]and this coral one?http://www.coldwatercreek.com/product-detail/60213/66784/triple-ruffle-sheath.aspx?colorid=F34&refLink=dresses.aspx

Linda...to our eye (Mom is sitting right here with me)...

The rainbow wrap dress looked muted overall...and it's a mixed bag as far as colors go...that orange and green are looking EARTH and the lavender/lilac, pink and blue are looking AIR...

The poppy fields maxi dress is a great style...pretty print...but something about it isn't looking FIRE...I think the pale color in the background is off...and the light blue and muted brown...it's overpowering what may or may not be clear orange.

Sorry. :( Keep shopping!

TOPS:

Mom wore 5 different tops (one was exercise wear)...she only packed 1 other shirt that she didn't wear. She also only repeated one shirt, which was the last day's shirt that she also wore the next day for disembarkation. I think that had she known we were planning on going into Belize, she might have worn the one shirt that didn't get worn. So obviously, she DOES deserve that Expert Cruiser button!

OVERLAYERS:

Five. MY Purple Hoodie (worn A LOT), Jeweled Jacket (worn once), Green Buttondown (Only worn on embarkation), Denim Buttondown (Never worn...totally meant to but forgot about it on our Belize day evening), Gold Shrug (Never worn...partly because she also didn't wear the shirt intended to go with it).

Mom needs to work on her overlayers! LOL. Here's the deal, she says...when she sees temperatures in the 70s, she thinks that she needs a little something extra, but she isn't used to such temperatures with humidity...but it makes such a difference...also she is concerned with air conditioning, but it just turns out that she didn't need all these layers.

That, and the cruise really ended up being very casual, so the hoodie felt way more appropriate during the day than any of these overshirts...and we have agreed that Mom needs a hoodie. :) Buying one that is...not taking mine. ;)

DRESSES:

Two Formals. Loved having two. Will definitely repeat.

Two Swim Dresses. FABULOUS. Mom LOVES these on port days. She says, they would be perfect if they had a pocket.

In retrospect, Mom wishes that she had more casual dresses just to throw on instead of the capris and tanks. We spent some time today people watching in an area where the ladies had on all kinds of dresses...sundresses in all different styles...and that is what Mom would like to figure out for herself for lounge around Sea Days.

BOTTOMS:

Two Jeggings. One worn once. One worn twice.

One Crop Pant. Never worn. Part of the one outfit that she didn't wear and also planned for another outfit, but she wore the jeggings instead. The reason? The Chocolate colored crop pants have NO POCKET.

Two Capris. Worn interchangeably on sea days. Both great functionally. One is too big and bags out and needs to be replaced. Both could have been worn into the MDR and one was.

OTHER:

Swimming Suit and Cover Up. Never worn. It was possible that she would wear this on the catamaran, but the day was a bit too cool with all the rain and clouds. AND also available for the steam rooms or dry sauna in the fitness center, but that didn't happen this cruise.

Pajamas. 'Nuff said.

SHOES:

Black Strappy Rhinestone Sandals. Worn twice. Formal night and another evening.

Gold Helle Comfort Sandals. Worn twice. Formal night and another evening.

Red Helle Comfort Sandals. Worn once.

Walking Cradle Shoes. Worn at embarkation through dinner and also one other evening.

Merrell Sandals. EVERYDAY.

Ryka Exercise Shoes. Worn once into Belize by default.

Water Shoes. Never worn. Mom needs some sort of intended to be wet shoe; she chooses the Merrells when she could be choosing a pleasing water shoe...but these water shoes aren't pleasing and they don't get picked...only packed.

EXERCISE CLOTHING:

Worn by default on one day. Exercise capris worn one evening for some after dinner table tennis with my DS.

BAGS/PURSES:

Large Shore Excursion Tote: ESSENTIAL. Why do I think the ones we got are AWESOME? Zippered top closure. Zippered interior pocket (wallet/cash/essentials). Additional side storage pockets (sunscreen/rewetting drops). Large capacity. Sturdy handles. Lined interior. Snap outside pocket.

Gold Michael Kors Evening Bag: She LOVES it. Tiny enough and adequate. Used all evenings when she doesn't have a pocket (formal nights).

JEWELRY:

Brought way more than she wore because she often forgot to wear jewelry. Just isn't a habit and she didn't focus on it. We aren't sure why, except that the early dinner time didn't allow for a leisurely get ready time.

TOILETRIES/COSMETICS:

WAY TOO MUCH...she says.

She wants to play with her eye makeup more.

I have to write some commentary here. Mom has the best way of unpacking her cosmetics on board. I didn't see it until late in the cruise but I HAVE to share so that the idea is embedded in my memory through writing...you take the glasses that are provided with the ice bucket...and you adopt them for all your different cosmetics and tools. You put brushes in one, lips sticks in another, eye products (Mascara and liners) in another, and you put all these glasses on the little shelves around the in room vanity area...the small little cabinets next to the mirror with the glass shelves? So organized! I loved it. I just left all mine in the silly make up bag and keep digging through it for what I wanted. *sigh* She IS an expert cruiser. LOL.

For future cruises...

Mom should find some Wet Friendly Sandals.

Mom would like some comfortable lounging friendly sundresses.

She should find a more casual cover up that functions like the hoodie.

She should stop packing bottoms without pockets.

Mom should play with eye makeup BEFORE the cruise so she has a plan because she DOESN'T have time to play/plan on the cruise!

Mom should be on the look out for more Helles and/or similar replacements because she wears them A LOT.

And this concludes the Fire side of our Wardrobe Report.

Again, thank you to everyone posting compliments. KIM!!! You know that we thought of you and your trip to Africa at random times through out our cruise...and we want PICTURES!

Again, this is posted here to try to avoid confusion in any further cruise wardrobe planning discussions...please refer to the EARTH thread for the actual pictodiary.

:):):)Wow, ladies. I've been gone F.O.R.E.V.E.R. I've been able to read; just not able/haven't had time to write.

First - Linda. Thanks for the re-do on your aquas. I agree with Kim that B-2 is my least favorite. On my screen, this top looks AIRish. Does it look that way IRL? I don't care for B-1 either. I think it is too AIRish also. I'm not a huge fan of A-2, but it could just be my personal preference about the lighter colors.

I agree A-3 is my favorite. I think A-1 could be a contender, but maybe the flash didn't cooperate on your camera? It looks really dark. I think the saturation of color could be right if we gave it another chance, so I'm ranking it as #2 favorite tied with A-4. A-2 is ok, but I like the other three better. Does that match up with your thoughts?

Anita & Pam - Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I just love the way your brain thinks and writes, Anita. You make so much sense when you post and I L.O.V.E. the pictodiary on the EARTH thread. So, so glad you guys had fun. It showed in every picture you posted.

Margaret - thanks for the weekly pictodiaries. I have learned much from your pictures and comments. I'll put a few new ideas to work when I next sort through my closet.

Kim - Not sure if I ever mentioned that I liked your glasses. I like your glasses. I really, really like the motif of the room where you take your photos. Love the dresses border.

I'm still here. I'll try to get a few aqua pictures together soon, but I'm not ready yet. Love to you my FIRE and EARTH sisters! --Debbie

Pam and Anita,

WONDERFUL summary on the pictodiary! Big atta girls :) I'm sorry to see it end. It was so much fun. I have a couple of comments/questions on different outfits.

I've been on a tangent this week looking for airfares to Africa. It's daunting and very nerve wracking but, exciting at the same time.

Debbie,

Glad to see you're still kickin'.

Hopefully, we'll all get back onboard with our color groups and posting pics. Can we puleeeze????

Hi, everybody.

Wasn't I lazy, letting Anita do all the work in posting our pictodiary?!? :D

Believe it or not, I'm really busy getting ready for our next cruise! This is an unusual year as we normally do try to cruise a couple of times a year, but we usually spread them out with about 5 to 6 months between cruises. Well, this year we had Anita's b-day celebration... and on the heels of that we are celebrating our anniversary. So we decided that we would do a simple cruise and we booked onto the Celebrity Summit going to Bermuda on 3rd of June. We've never done a cruise itinerary like the Summit's before. Literally, we will board the ship... have a few sea days, arrive in Bermuda and sit at the port for 3 days, then have a few sea days in transit back to Bayonne!

So I don't know if my wardrobe will be much different for Bermuda than it was for the recent Caribbean cruise.

And then the big question becomes: should I do a pictodiary? Even though you will probably be seeing the same clothes?!? Will that be beyond boring?

It won't hurt my feelings if you think you've seen enough of my current wardrobe....

which I have to say! Doing the analysis of the pictures that we did before the cruise was so extremely helpful! And it's probably the reason(s) why I had so much green and blue and aqua to wear! LOL. So thank you ladies for all your help.

I'm so far behind on my chores... pruning... the yard for a change instead of my closet :eek: ... and that awful time of year when taxe$ raise their ugly spiteful heads... much like the weeds that I have to also get out of my yard...

ANYWAY...

Miss chatting with you all. Come back and catch me up with what is going on....:D

Hi gals,

I too hope everyone had a nice Easter. We had great weather. I always think of the little ones and their Easter egg hunts if the weather is bad. it was always so much fun to have the egg hunts outdoors when we were little :)

Pam,

I say PICTODIARY. I'm always up for one! Bermuda is on my bucket list, have you been before?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi, everybody.

And then the big question becomes: should I do a pictodiary? Even though you will probably be seeing the same clothes?!? Will that be beyond boring?

Miss chatting with you all. Come back and catch me up with what is going on..

Are you serious? Pictodiary of course!!!:D Never get bored with your posts! You and Anita are soooo helpful!

Now that things have quieted down here for a little I am able to catch up.

I have a few photos I'm going to take of things I bought, but they're not in the aqua family. I need some input from you gals on them and will wait to post most of them unless you give me the ok to do so now.

Anyway in answer to the long ago questions as to my aqua party. I do agree with you all, the darker aquas work better on me and the lighting that day was not the best. The funny thing is that one of the lighter aquas is one that IS our color IRL, but got washed out in the photo. I wondered about it at the time, but didn't have time to really do anything about it. I'll let it go for now, because I more than likely won't be wearing them anyway due to size issues at the moment. I am trying very hard to become the shrinking "fire violet" within this year. (My 65 birthday gift to myself next April.) I have lost enough weight now that I can shop in actual misses sizes! I'm so happy:)

Joby, I am so excited about your upcoming trip to Africa. It's not on my bucket list of places to go, but it sounds so amazing!

Pam, you go girl! Another cruise so soon, how wonderful! I'll tag along in my dreams. And photos, of course photos..

Edited by snuggles

Linda!! I give you a PRIZE for patience! Here I sit while my men are playing some online computer game...and this is the time that I have to look at your photos!! Life is crazy busy right now as we are preparing for my DH to leave us and head off to GA for his new job!

As much as I dislike when people quote photos...I'm doing this so that there is no misunderstanding about which photo I am referring to...because I realized that screen size must be affecting the photo placement given the way that Kim referred to the photos.

I think this blue is ICE...I'm seeing a high contrast between your reds and yellows in your skin tone. Your hair color looks "brassy" and the background of this photo seems "off"...which is why I think that this is a cool blue.

2a98fo7.jpg

This looks like FIRE to me...nice blend on the skin tone...background looks right...hair, skin, shirt are all blending together nicely, but this is not my fav.

2ko9wi.jpg

I TOTALLY agree with Kim!! THIS is my FAV. The slightly darker color is just richer...it just looks better to me than the lighter one.

219vtpz.jpg

It could just be the angle of the photograph...but I like your skin tone in this one...it seems very similar to the previous photo...but I admit that I like the way the "V" neck supports your face better than this neckline...can you unbutton those buttons at the neckline?

okbu2w.jpg

This is another okay FIRE shirt...I think it blends...but it isn't as nice as the darker colors on you IMO.

34rewcn.jpg

I think you went gray in this photo...I would lose this shirt as well as the first one.

s3dmv6.jpg

That's JMO!

Linda, I'm so glad that Anita did this because I've been thinking about your aqua pics and wanting to take the time to talk with you. This morning, for some very ODD reason, I woke up with the crack of dawn and so that means that I'm sitting at my computer... way, way too early... drinking some coffee and wondering how I'm going to have the energy to get through this day!

Anyway... I agree with Anita. AND, I have a theory about the paler vs the darker colors. I think that we kind of forget that the reason that we wear our colors is because they, literally, reflect onto our skin... especially our face. I think that you are a low-contrast person; in other words, you have very light hair and porcelain skin (pretty!). Because of this, the paler colors... even though they are "right" for you and even out your skin tone, just don't make you look as ALIVE as the more saturated colors. Because the darker aquas are just that much more intense, they "throw" more color onto your face which helps with enriching the color of your lips and naturally contouring your face. That's what I "think" I "see" when I look at what happens to your features when I contrast the paler vs darker aqua.

I think that if you want to dress "romantically," that you would be lovely in the paler colors with the requirement that you would be needing to add the appropriate mascara and a pale lipstick... very soft and beautiful in its final effect. I think that if you want to 'Power" dress that you would be terrific in the more saturated, deeper color and then you would come across as Strong and Solid.

Are you ladies reading the newer thread asking about the whole "ice,air,fire,earth" thing? Here we go again! Maybe a new Seasons thread is emerging?!? And, are you reading Anita's Earth thread? I have high hopes for that smashing red dress! I think she looked gorgeous in it... in the store...with that darn store lighting... so we'll see when it arrives! High fives, I hope!

Kim what are you doing to prepare for Africa? Do you need to get visas? When are you going... again... exactly?!?...

I know I'm an earth, but I like to read this thread as well. I am hoping it helps me with the color confusion I often have. I often have trouble with warm tones seeing when the line to muted tones appears, making it an earth tone. Sometimes, I see a muted tone only to realize that it is cool. If nothing else, at least I'm not wearing ice clothing! Now, I only have to get rid of the other two seasons. ;)

@Laurie: you are welcome over here anytime! I think we all love to read the other season thread... FIRE to EARTH.... EARTH to FIRE... because we have lovely people in our lives who are "from" the other palette... and it's just fun to see what is going on...

BTW, I don't know if I've ever said anything to you, personally, but I want to take a moment and just tell you how much I appreciate what you did when you posted the Original Seasons Thread! OMG, Laurie: because of that thread, my whole life was changed! At that time, CJW wasn't as busy as he currently is so he was spending so much time posting on that thread. I was a lurker on there for such a long time! Mainly because I super did NOT want to post pictures of me without makeup and with my hair pulled away from my face. BUT, because I eventually bit the bullet and posted those pictures, I got to have such a wonderful dialogue with CJW. And.... then...

because I had such a good result from that conversation, Anita got hooked on figuring out what season she would fit into! She and CJW ended up having a lot of email conversation because he launched his website right around that time. So, I can speak for Anita when I say that you also helped her tremendously....

THANK YOU! This color wardrobe theory shopping extravaganza has been quite a wonderful journey!

I appreciate that so much! Thank you. It is a wonderful journey, isn't it? I have enjoyed it very much. I feel like I learn more and more every day, and it has truly made a big difference in my life.

I think I was in a style rut or something, and just couldn't figure out what the problem was. I would try all sorts of clothes,and just could not like what I was wearing. At that point, I was wearing what was prevalent in the stores - ice colors. Black and white are the worst possible colors for me, and I was seeing it...then I remembered this thing we had at work once about professional dressing, and dressing for our features. I thought it would be fun to see what others thought.

CJW is wonderful. When he says something, he explains it so you can see it yourself and let it sink in.

Pam and Anita-Thank YOU!!! I agree with you both! Although I love the sleevelss darker aqua, I thought it just wasn't quite right. # 3 in Anita's post is my favorite shirt and it was used for my color test, so I know that it's a correct fire for me., but I'm gonna have to replace it as it's now to big.:( Yes, I try to get clothes that have v necks or cowl necks as I know I look better in that style. I just wish my eyes weren't so red- I have to use 3 different eye drops now, plus I now have allergies. So I have red rimmed blood-shot eyes! Getting old is NO FUN! :( I was goinig to take those horrid photos off, but decided I'd better let them stay so others could see that not all beauties post photos here, and if I can do it so can they.:D