pay with debit card?

porrah

I live in Canada and posted a few days ago re: using a UK debit card (Halifax Visa Debit) for cruise payment. A responder kindly gave me an e mail address for P&0 and I immediately wrote. So far I have not had a response, but no e mail bounce back either. Maybe I'm just too impatient. So, I'll ask again. Can you use a debit card, as opposed to a credit card for cruise payment? How about to pay your shipboard account? It seems to me that there shouldn't be a problem - they get the money immediately. But the web site specifies Master Card, Diners, American Express or Visa. Does Visa encompass Visa debit card? I have successfully ordered some things on line for UK delivery and given my debit card number.

Assume you are rerferring to payment of your on board account?

From the P&O website....

We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, Visa Delta and Visa Debit. We regret we are unable to accept Switch/Maestro, Solo cards, American Express Prepaid Travellers Cheque Credit cards or Visa Electron.

http://www.pocruises.com/Help/Money/

Brian

You need to be either a retired bank manager - or under the age of 25 - to understand most of that anyway!! :p

I know what Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club is , can guess what Visa Debit is - but what the H*** is Visa Delta and Visa Electron ?

EDIT - nevermind, Wikipedia is my friend!

Barry

I live in Canada and posted a few days ago re: using a UK debit card (Halifax Visa Debit) for cruise payment. A responder kindly gave me an e mail address for P&0 and I immediately wrote. So far I have not had a response, but no e mail bounce back either. Maybe I'm just too impatient. So, I'll ask again. Can you use a debit card, as opposed to a credit card for cruise payment? How about to pay your shipboard account? It seems to me that there shouldn't be a problem - they get the money immediately. But the web site specifies Master Card, Diners, American Express or Visa. Does Visa encompass Visa debit card? I have successfully ordered some things on line for UK delivery and given my debit card number.

I'm the same as you, I want to pay for my on board credit with my "visa debit" card but want to be 100% sure I can before I board so when I get home from work I will telephone them and ask the question, I will also ask about your Halifax visa debit and will lep you know later this evening (lunchtime for you):)

I lived in Toronto for many years, thinking of moving back in the next couple of years, favourate place has to be Prince Edward Island and of course the Rockie mountains, have you ever done a Alaska cruise from Vancouver? My hubby says he thinks it will be too cold but I would love to do this.

Regards

Lynn

It's not just the on board account - I actually want to pay for the cruise with my debit card - that way I use some of my UK spending money in the Halifax - the exchange rate is really bad these days for sending it over here.

Thanks Lynn. I'm sure you noticed that people seemed to think I only meant the shipboard account, whereas I want to do an on line booking using the debit card. I tried another e mail to P&O - I'll see if I get a reply to that.

Thanks again.

Thanks Lynn. I'm sure you noticed that people seemed to think I only meant the shipboard account, whereas I want to do an on line booking using the debit card. I tried another e mail to P&O - I'll see if I get a reply to that.

Thanks again.

Brian's right, you can use your visa debit for the whole thing and you will get a much better deal booking with a travel agent.

I booke mine with a high street agent and got a very good deal, check some of them out online.

Regards

Lynn

Archived