Beer In Ice Chest

thesassysally

If they're larger than 11x17, I imagine they have to fold them up?

Also, if you do bring one, better not to pack it w/ice before boarding. Ask your cabin steward to fill it w/ice once you get into your cabin.

I took a soft sided (on rollers) 56 can cooler, through a few weeks ago. It was packed to the top with a case of diet cokes, waters and 2 two liters. Don't put any ice in, since it will leak everywhere, but it went on the x-ray conveyor and no one said a word. They didn't know if it was diet coke or bud light. However, several cases of bud light were delivered over the next 2 hours with our checked baggage......

I assume your Bud Light was cans? I just want to take a few of my favorite beers with me because they probably won't have them on board. Problem is, it only comes in bottles and I am afraid to put them in my luggage as I have heard that the luggage is not treated with much care. Oh well, I won't die without them, it was just an idea. :rolleyes:

Baja,

Yes the beer fairy and several of her royal court delivered the flavorful brews.

Regarding the glass. If it's only a small amount I would go ahead and put them under some soft drinks and take them on in checked baggage. When the "beer fairy" arrived he/she had not been as gentle with our beer as we had liked. Nobody spilled, but the boxes were certainly worse for wear.....

I never saw our cabin steward on our last cruise. Do you need to tip(if so, how much?) or leave a note for them to fill the cooler with ice?

Do they care that you smuggled the beer on board?

I'm hoping to not abuse the sign and sail card like I did last time with buckets of Miller Lite plastic bottles!:p

When you first get on the ship and go to your room, chances are you will see a cabin steward if not yours. Just ask the first one you see outside your room, and if he is not yours, he will get your steward for you. When you meet, just tell him you have a cooler in your room for some of your drinks, give him about $20 and ask nicely if he notices it getting low on ice, if he could please fill it up, if its not too much trouble ,etc. For the right price they will do what you ask, within reason. We gave ours enough one time to "ignore" us at muster drill.

We did exactly that, gave about 13 or 14 dollars in ones when we first go on the ship (glory) and needless to say we were unpacking during the muster drill and she was already filling our cooler. When we asked her about the muster drill, she commented basically commented we needed time to relax and she would check us off...... amazing what a roll of ones will do.

We checked our beer through and by 5 p.m. everything was cold and were enjoying a wonderful sailaway...

we recently returned from the sensation. We did a little research and asked a local supermarket to special order the miller lite 16oz plastic bottles for us. (this is the size that they sell on board) We got a case of 24 for Approx.$25 we divided 2 cases into the luggage with our clothes and they all arrived in good condition we asked the room stewart to fill our soft side cooler with ice and gave him a tip. That was the only time we had to ask for ice. He filled it with ice the entire week without any reminding.

You can order a bucket of ice from room service and then fill up the bucket with the 6 beers like you would have ordered from the bar. We walked around with our bucket and saved loads of money.

we recently returned from the sensation. We did a little research and asked a local supermarket to special order the miller lite 16oz plastic bottles for us. (this is the size that they sell on board) We got a case of 24 for Approx.$25 we divided 2 cases into the luggage with our clothes and they all arrived in good condition

Interesting.

This sounds like a good route to go, avoid the problems of glass bottles in checked luggage.

Archived