RCI New policy on price matching?

atrame

I undrestand that RCI will not let you change your reservation to a cheaper rate once you have paid in full. Will they let you upgrade to a higher cabin if the higher cabin price goes down? I had found on our sailing a balancy price drop making it only $50 more to go from an inside to balacony but it was only for new reservations. Our travel agent tried but they would not change it. The reason was they were trying to fill the ship and changing our cabin did not sale more cabins!! We would have had to cancel, rebook and loose our deposit. Does anyone have any new information regarding this issue?

I undrestand that RCI will not let you change your reservation to a cheaper rate once you have paid in full. Will they let you upgrade to a higher cabin if the higher cabin price goes down? I had found on our sailing a balancy price drop making it only $50 more to go from an inside to balacony but it was only for new reservations. Our travel agent tried but they would not change it. The reason was they were trying to fill the ship and changing our cabin did not sale more cabins!! We would have had to cancel, rebook and loose our deposit. Does anyone have any new information regarding this issue?

Sorry, but this is nothing new.

Sorry, but this is nothing new.

yes it is. on my cruise on the Indy in March 2010, i paid in full in jan 2010. the price decreased several hundred dollars at the end of feb, which i got in onboard credit (which paid for all of my drinks!)

Check for a Special Pricing Residency Rate, you may be able to upgrade that way.

Seems lately those 3, 4 , 5 day cruises are always better to book after the final payment date, Prices are always coming down on those sailings.

Jimbo:)

Jimbo:)

Yes, one previous cruise we got to take advantage of an upgrade because the price dropped.

Last month, our Splendor sailing out of Venice, dropped after final payment and they would not let us upgrade at the lower price. The prices were ** noted with "new bookings only" so we were out of luck. So I think they "wised up" to this recently and no longer allow such flexibility on price drops ... so best be happy with your original booking/price because that might be your "final answer!!" :(

Archived