quiet places to eat in Athens

Signdy

Although I love the noise of a busy family restaurant, my dad, who wears hearing aids, prefers quiet surroundings. Can anyone suggest a restaurant in Athens that has a local feel without the noise? We're staying at Athens Gate, which I believe is near the Acropolis Museum.

• 3 weeks later...

For our first visit in Athens our driver recommended Byzantio or Bizantino restaurant (sorry, I don’t quite remember the name) in Plaka. It was a small, quiet, traditional restaurant, not very crowded, and we greatly enjoyed our lunch. You should check it out, I think you will like it.

After just having been in Athens for 4 days, I truthfully didn't find Greek restaurants to be very quiet! As with many other city restaurants, tables are close together and if the place is good, it's likely to be crowded unless you dine very early.

You might be interested to know that the Athens Gate hotel does serve dinner on their rooftop, which has a fantastic view of the Parthenon on one side and the Temple of Olympeian Zeus on the other. While it doesn't exactly have a "local feel", I did eat there on my last night when I just wanted to drink in that great view one last time. It's fairly quiet, the service is good, and the food was surprisingly tasty (and not badly priced for a hotel restaurant).

Got back from Greece last week. My Athens highlight was a small restaurant close to the ArchaeologicaL Museum,not the new acropolis museum. Alexandria. I ate dinner there and it was very good and very quiet. I think almost every place is quiet if you eat before 9 pm. I had an appetizer, entree and a glass of wine for 23 Euros. Closed on Sunday and maybe dinner only.

Archived