Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Thank you, very kind of you.

Mikey, Thank YOU, for sharing your very excellent adventure. I've been reading your review for a couple of weeks and its very cool how you take time to "thank the thankers" for their kind words and compliments - to which I just have to say "ditto." The folks who should be thanking you are the guys at the Carnival Guest relations department - there is no question that your review will generatre more revenue for them.

DW and I have been kicking around the notion of a renwal for our 20th anniversay in 2014. I think you closed the deal. Are you sure you're not stealth marketers for Carnival? You have so many of us green with envy it made me think of this movie - http://www.movieweb.com/movie/the-joneses/trailer

Thanks again, we're anxious to hear which of the four ships was your favorite.

Hey Mike, I am really impressed how you are trying to keep up with everyone's comments and are taking the time to respond to each and every one of them - that alone shows what kind of guy you are...

Tracey... he's a keeper for sure ! ;)

Loving the review and looking forward to the rest...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family (and all the rest of the fellow Canadians reading this thread.. :D )

Kelly

What a fabulous review! Thank you for taking the time to share all this with us and especially sharing your proposal and vow renewal. We were tossing around the idea of renewing our vows on board the Miracel in February...you just made the decision easier.

You have a very beautiful family and your wife is so lucky to have such a loving and caring husband. Kuddos to you! Especially for supporting her decision on her new career and going away from you and the kids for such a long time.

Wish I would have found the review when you first started it. Read it all over the past few days. Didn't want to stop! Beautiful pictures too. I think you should print in all out, review and pictures. Make a fabulous scrap book with it and present it to your honey as a surpise gift....now, do you have time to do all that too? LOL ;)

Again, thank you for doing this for all us cruise lovers.

Mike & Tracy

Thank you for the wonderful review and letting us CC enjoy it. The only bad thing is that you only have 1 cruise left to go through and then what are we all supposed to do??? :D

Everytime I logon to the computer the first thing I do is come to CC to see if you have added anything. I think many of us are going to feel like our favorite TV show ended and we won't know what to do.

Again, thank you and congrats on the renewal.

They absolutely loved it, everytime I speak with them over the phone they keep thanking us for inviting them on the cruises.

Are they following along on CC also Mike? They have become quite the stars.

Thank you again for this touching review.

After a few rounds of drinks we left with glasses full to see 'Carnival Legends' presented by Big Tex and starring ' Your Fellow Guest ', in the Ivanhoe Theater. Earlier in the week they held auditions for all guest to find Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Britney Spears, Garth Brooks and more. These people were outfitted with the appropriate costumes and they performed with live music along with the Valor Dancers.

It was a lot of fun, some of them were very good. The crowd cheered as Elvis, Sinatra, Spears, Estefan, James Brown, Parton, Sonny & Cher, Elton John and others entertained the large crowd.

This man needs no introduction

Cruising2010405-1.jpg

Cruising2010406-1.jpg

I believe this was Estefan

Cruising2010402-1.jpg

Bix Tex as Dolly

Cruising2010404-1.jpg

:eek: It's not what it looks like

Cruising2010403-1.jpg

Chances are she will be leaving for 6 months of training sometimes after January.

I've really enjoyed all of your review which I started reading just to get info on Destiny, but got I totally drawn in by it! Awesome review!! When Tracy goes for training she'll be in Regina, home of the R.C.M.P., our home too! She will be very busy, but if she needs something (like someone to talk cruises to!) she could look us up and we can share stories, LOL or otherwise help her out!

Congratulations on all your family's successes: wonderful marriage, family, careers & vacations!

Dianne

I bet there is another family cruise in your future; looks like Grammy and Grampy, and your friends, had a great time! Looking forward to your Freedom review...that is the next one on the books for us!

I'm also looking forward to the Freedom review, I was very pleased with how my photographs came out. Practice makes perfect.:D

This has been such a special review, and as much as I look forward to your review of the Dream, I dread it because it means the beginning of the end of this wonderful voyage! The way you entwined your wonderful love story with the visual enjoyment you all had while visiting the many ports of your journey made me (and most everyone else)enjoy your review so much!

Thank you for inviting us to become part of your beautiful journey!

Charlene

First I have to say that this has been a great ride and second I have to thank you for finally being the one who posts some real detail about their vow renewal. We are planning our 40th Anniversary vow renewal on the Spirit to Alaska next July and finding info and pictures is like pulling teeth. You really helped me a lot. We are taking the family and just can't wait. Paul always said he would never marry me a third time (we had two weddings . . . the original and then again when I turned Catholic), he said twice to the same woman was enough - very funny! But then breast cancer happened and he is so glad that I am still alive I could probably talk him into just about anything . . . thus the plan! Also just wanted to say, we also celebrate the day we met and fell in love, every year on our son's birthday . . . our oldest was born on the exact same day but 5 years later! Can't wait for more of your cruise tour!

Mike, Thanks for mentioning Dolphin Mall in your earlier post. We didn't know this place existed and will definitely head there on the Sunday we get off the boat for a few hours as our flight doesn't leave Miami until 10.30pm the Sun night.

The Dolphin Mall is great outlet shopping-what I like is that it besides being a complete oval has cut thru's to get to other side of large curve. never seen so many luggage shops!

Until we left the next morning day of cruise (we rented a car for 24 hrs.) didn't even realize Miami International mall was also across the street- it is a more traditional Simon mall.

Next upcoming cruise since arriving a day early, and renting a car we intend on checking out Adventura Mall in North Miami described as highest revenue per square foot- it looks like a lot of stores I never even heard of yet still approachable compared to a mall we visited in L.A.

Thanks Mike for the brilliant review of the Valor and all the Pics. We will be on it in 2 weeks time and are really looking forward to it!!!

Our friends are getting married on board so I will show them your Wedding Renewal Pics to give them an idea of what they have to look forward to for their own.

I just came back on here last week and discovered your thread. Mike, you have done an excellent job writing about your cruise. And your pictures are not bad either. My husband and I will be cruising in 3 months and you have gotten us so excited and can't wait.

My husband is a retired Corrections Officer. As he used to say "you catch them, he keeps them!" Sometimes its not an easy job for either of you but at the same time it can be very rewarding.

My Grandparents were from Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, moving to Boston in the early 1900's. I still have family there and also in Quebec but sad to say I have not been back in 30 years. I used to go there every year as a kid. Someday I plan on taking a road trip back.

Congratulations on your wedding vows. You have a special family. Happy Thanksgiving!

This is an awesome review...you are such a happy, beautiful family! What you did for your wife was amazing..she is such a beautiful woman and lucky to have such a wonderful man for a husband. Your entire family looks so happy! Glad you had such a great cruise!!! Thanks so much for the "story"..it is like I am watching a show and have to come back to see the next episode..lol.. I eagerly await the Freedom review as that is my next ship!!

Mikey, Thank YOU, for sharing your very excellent adventure. I've been reading your review for a couple of weeks and its very cool how you take time to "thank the thankers" for their kind words and compliments - to which I just have to say "ditto." The folks who should be thanking you are the guys at the Carnival Guest relations department - there is no question that your review will generatre more revenue for them.

DW and I have been kicking around the notion of a renwal for our 20th anniversay in 2014. I think you closed the deal. Are you sure you're not stealth marketers for Carnival? You have so many of us green with envy it made me think of this movie - http://www.movieweb.com/movie/the-joneses/trailer

Thanks again, we're anxious to hear which of the four ships was your favorite.

I watched the trailer and it's hilarious that you are comparing us to the Jones. When Tracy gets home tonight she will have laugh.

It's going to be difficult to choose a ship, they all have something you prefer over the other.

Hey Mike, I am really impressed how you are trying to keep up with everyone's comments and are taking the time to respond to each and every one of them - that alone shows what kind of guy you are...

Tracey... he's a keeper for sure ! ;)

Loving the review and looking forward to the rest...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family (and all the rest of the fellow Canadians reading this thread.. :D )

Kelly

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

What a fabulous review! Thank you for taking the time to share all this with us and especially sharing your proposal and vow renewal. We were tossing around the idea of renewing our vows on board the Miracel in February...you just made the decision easier.

You have a very beautiful family and your wife is so lucky to have such a loving and caring husband. Kuddos to you! Especially for supporting her decision on her new career and going away from you and the kids for such a long time.

Wish I would have found the review when you first started it. Read it all over the past few days. Didn't want to stop! Beautiful pictures too. I think you should print in all out, review and pictures. Make a fabulous scrap book with it and present it to your honey as a surpise gift....now, do you have time to do all that too? LOL ;)

Again, thank you for doing this for all us cruise lovers.

Thank you, doing a review on cruise critic as been very rewarding especially with all the nice comments our family has received.