Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Thanks for putting in your daughters punishment, I knew she would not get off unscathed, but I was curious to know what it would be. Too funny,............ for us :D, not her:mad:, (or yourself at the time.):mad:

Fellow Canuck,

EMOSEWA:cool:

WOW!

I have just spent the last three hours reading this thread. Not getting any work done but I don't care. I have loved this reading this review. Beautiful family. Thank you for taking the time to post!

I'm glad you are enjoying it and Thank you.

Never cruised on Carnival (HAL fan, sorry)...but I stumbled on your thread and I am throughly impressed.

What a wonderful vacation!!! The proposal and the renewal of vows is such a wonderful example to your teenaged children of how you can still be so much in love after so many years together.

Keep up the great work...I am now sucked in and will regularly check in to get the next installment.

Thank you matondo.

Great review!! going on the Freedom in February and this is giving me a peak at it before boarding!!! thanks for taking the time to write this.

Thank you Sandyj55, I'm sure you are going to have a good time on the Freedom.

Good to see Kim again. We had him last October on the Valor and he was a blast.

Like I said before Mike, really enjoying this review and all your great pictures. I so would like to do a b2b2b2b when my kids are a bit older. I would loose my mind if I tried to do that now with a 4 and 7 year old.

Bevie

Thanks again Bevie

seriously? it should be for all! sometimes people who think they can sing good stink! IMO of course....beauty is in the eye errr ear of the beholder! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to sing. but i cannot carry a tune in a bucket. there is a talent contest for the talented ones to enter. Karaoke should be about having fun, losing inhibitions etc. No one expects to become a star. I personally hate it when stuffy snobby people dominate the mic like they are trying out for American Idol or something.

I guess it goes both ways. Carnival is the fun ship...it's all about fun. and you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

I encourage anyone who wants to, to get up and sing. JMO.

Agreed! Not everyone is blessed with a great voice. Some people just like to sing and I love it when everyone in the room cheers them just for getting up there. We hate it when someone who knows they can sing gets up and sings over & over. How boring! jmho

Cruising2010337.jpg

Cruising2010338.jpg

Cruising2010339.jpg

Cruising2010340.jpg

Cruising2010341.jpg

Cruising2010342.jpg

Still more to come.

Loving this review. My friends and I will be on the Freedom next Dec so loving the pictures. In the first picture in this thread, leaving port there is a picture of my Mom's cousins house. It's a white house with a rectangle pool in the front & the American flag. It's at the far left of the picture. Can you imagine living right there at the port and watching all those ships every day. He knows the schedules of most of the ships.

Thanks for a wonderful Review. I was a Paramedic for over 30 yrs. And my sister was a dispatcher for the police department. Thanks to both of you for your community service and for taking us all on vacation with you.

We had half a day of rain in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, our last port. Absolute great weather.

I commented on this "way back." About your amazing weather. I guess "crappy weather" the last day makes it easier to go home. We went on NCL Dawn as a "favor" with friends from Manhattan in Feb. ( years ago) The ONLY cruise we really **did not like** for a number of reasons, but to put insult to injury, it RAINED the ENTIRE week, to, from and in between! :eek::mad: I don't think we would have minded "as much" if we had been on a ship we liked, but NCL just "didn't fit" with us. So you were very lucky!!! :):D (to make a long story short lol! :rolleyes:)

MikeyA53

Wow...I have just spent the last 2.5 hours reading your review! Amazing photos and script. I am hooked! Hubby and I, for our 30th wedding anniversary are booked on a B2B on the Carnival Destiny. I loved seeing the ship :D Thank You for all of your hard work in doing this review.

Julie (jrmende63)

Guess I read something wrong earlier. Thought I read that you were from Caraquet. I guess it was another poster. To be honest both you and your family do look really familiar. I suspect we probably have run in to each other sometime. DH and I both work in retail. Hopefully I haven't seen you while you were doing your job. LOL

I too appreciate the part about your daughter breaking curfew and the consequences. What I really like it the picture taken that night at formal dinner; she didn't appear to holding any grudges! We have 5 sons (all grown now), and teens on cruise ships tend to find it easy to break curfew when parents are in another cabin....speaking from experience ;)

At approximately 11:20 a.m., all six of us took the tender to Grand Cayman. Upon arrival, we hired a taxi to bring us to Seven Mile Beach, $24 each way. We got off at Royal Palm, what a gorgeous beach. We were surprised/delighted by the fine coral sand and crystal clear water .

Access to the beach is free, the Royal Palm Beach Club has bar and food service, chair rentals, bathrooms and changing facilities. Tracy stated that it was the nicest beach she had ever visited.

132_132.jpg

131_131.jpg

Coming back from a walk along the beach

136_136.jpg

137_137.jpg

138_138.jpg

143_143.jpg

At approximately 11:20 a.m., all six of us took the tender to Grand Cayman. Upon arrival, we hired a taxi to bring us to Seven Mile Beach, $24 each way. We got off at Royal Palm, what a gorgeous beach. We were surprised/delighted by the fine coral sand and crystal clear water .

Access to the beach is free, the Royal Palm Beach Club has bar and food service, chair rentals, bathrooms and changing facilities. Tracy stated that it was the nicest beach she had ever visited.

132_132.jpg

131_131.jpg

Coming back from a walk along the beach

136_136.jpg

137_137.jpg

138_138.jpg

143_143.jpg

Mike I too agree this is the nicest beach we have ever been too!!!!!! The water and sand is beautiful!!! WE LOVE ROYAL PALMS!!!!!!! One of our favorites!!!!!!!

Mike loved hearing of your daughters mistake. Begining to think your kids were perfect!;) We are a family of five and will be taking our kids on a seven day cruise aboard the Miracle in Jan 2012 (CC group cruise). Anyway, we booked an inside across the hall from a balcony room. The kids will be 15, 13 and 11 at time of cruise and DH and I will be taking turns sleeping in the inside cabin.:p

In the following photos I made three attempts on getting 'I love u, Tracy' in a photograph but each time, a wave would come in and erase 'Tracy' before I could take the photo. I wanted to put a smile on her face when we got back home, especially in the cold winter months when we would be looking at our photos in the warm Caribbean sun.

Anyway, she noticed that I was up to something and came over to investigate. She appreciated the gesture and later that day :D:D:D.

133_133.jpg

134_134.jpg

135_135.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Loving this review. My friends and I will be on the Freedom next Dec so loving the pictures. In the first picture in this thread, leaving port there is a picture of my Mom's cousins house. It's a white house with a rectangle pool in the front & the American flag. It's at the far left of the picture. Can you imagine living right there at the port and watching all those ships every day. He knows the schedules of most of the ships.

Thanks for a wonderful Review. I was a Paramedic for over 30 yrs. And my sister was a dispatcher for the police department. Thanks to both of you for your community service and for taking us all on vacation with you.

Thank you mojo2rusty

MikeyA53

Wow...I have just spent the last 2.5 hours reading your review! Amazing photos and script. I am hooked! Hubby and I, for our 30th wedding anniversary are booked on a B2B on the Carnival Destiny. I loved seeing the ship :D Thank You for all of your hard work in doing this review.

Julie (jrmende63)

Thanks Julie, glad you enjoyed it. All the best on your B2B. Mike