Arrive at 1:00pm. Baby beach an option?

Sea is Calling

Our ship will not arrive until 1:00pm in Aruba and it leave at 11:00pm.

My DH and I like more secluded beaches with less fuss and more quiet. We also love to snorkel and Baby beach seems to be a good choice. However, will this beach be a realistic option with us being in dock for such a short amount of time.

If not can you recommend another beach that might be a better option.

Thanks!

Baby Beach is a pretty popular tourist attraction as well as a popular spot with locals on weekends. If you have a rental car it may be worth a shot for snorkeling, but if not the very expensive taxi ride. In that case you would be much better off taking the bus to Boca Catalina (search here for snorkeling info on it) and snorkeling there. For a nice beach there you could easily walk down to Arashi which is popular as well, but during the week I do not think you would be overwhelmed.

I might be the only person with this opinion, but I was very disappointed when we went to Baby Beach. The reason: It is fugly. There is an oil refinery across the road. We went there as part of a bus tour of the island. But, the snorkeling was good if you want to see lots of fish, especially the section where the calm part meets the ocean. (It might be a little dangerous there if you are brought out by the currents though)

I try not to say too much on the subject. Imo it is a spot that one either loves or hates.

You are absolutely correct in that the outlet to the ocean is treacherous. People have drowned and died there on more than one occasion. :(

I might be the only person with this opinion, but I was very disappointed when we went to Baby Beach. The reason: It is fugly. There is an oil refinery across the road. We went there as part of a bus tour of the island. But, the snorkeling was good if you want to see lots of fish, especially the section where the calm part meets the ocean. (It might be a little dangerous there if you are brought out by the currents though)

For anyone who is interested in Baby Beach, taxi fare is $38 each way, per trip, NOT per person, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays and holidays. Should you decide to take a taxi, make sure you make arrangements in advance with the driver to come back and pick you up at an agreed upon time. There are no buses which go to Baby Beach.

You could probably rent a compact car for just around that amount.

Archived