Costa Marina - Repo-Cruise

kasi1979

Hi everyone,

while 2010 is the first year in a long time that I have taken no cruise, I´m planning our next one.

If our bosses give their ok for our vacation time, we´ll be onboard Costa Marina at the Repo from Sharm-El-Sheik to Savona :)

This is a fantastic cruise for me, as of all the ports we are going to see I know just one, so it´s a whole new world to discover...

Some of you have been onbaord Marina in the last year or so. As my experience onboard this ship is a little older, I´d like to hear back from you what you thought about it.

I know it´s no 4 star ship, it´s old and small, but that way it gets in ports some other ships cannot go and it´s mearly a transportation to the next port, so I won´t miss a cinema, a covered pool...

Also anyone who has done a Costa Excursion to:

the Dead Sea,

Jerusalem,

Gizeh,

Petra or

ST. CATHERINE'S MONASTERY

I´d love to get your feedback.

I know the excursions are pricey and I could do cheaper going independent, but I´m not comfy going on my own in that part of the world.

• 1 month later...

Ok now it´s official,

Our next cruise will be abpard wonderful old lady Costa Marina.

We decided on the cruise from Sharm-el-Sheikh (egypt), with stops in the Red Sea, a visit to the pyramids in Gizeh, a chance to see Jerusalem and then ancoient greece with Rhodos, Piräus and Olympia, before heading for Costa´s homeport in Savona.

Anyone else aboard?

Any tips?

i took the costa excursion to petra and is was a major disappointment. the bus took forever to load and get to petra. by the time we got there, we only had about 20 minutes at the bottom of petra. on the way down, i ran into some crew members from the ship. they hired a cab at the port and had much more time to view the site.

i hired a private guide and driver for alexandria. even as a solo, was less expensive than the ship's tour. i spent half the time at the cairo museum - do not miss - and then went to the pyramids.

I was on the Marina earlier this year and enjoyed both the cruise and the ship. The cabins aren't the most comfortable but the staff was great and the food very good. My review is with the CC ship/cruise reviews.

Regarding your repositioning cruise, I did one three years ago on the Costa Europa. Very enjoyable (also my review posted). From Sharm I went on the St. Catherine's monestery excursion and from Aqaba the excursion to Petra. Contrary to Ctheworld's experience, I recall we had a good 2 to 2 and a half hours at Petra, followed by a good lunch at a hotel just outside the gates. Both excursions are well worth going on even though they involve lengthy bus travel (about an hour and a half each way in both cases).

Archived