Specialty Restaurants on Serendade

Gambler458

Here is the itinerary for my cruise in Dec - my question is which are the best nights to go to the specialty restaurants? Caribbean night would be one - anyone know which night that would be? I don't want to miss "good" food in the main dining room. Also which nights are the formal nights?

11-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

12-Dec Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

13-Dec St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

14-Dec St. John's, Antigua 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

15-Dec Roseau, Dominica 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

16-Dec St. George's, Grenada 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

17-Dec Cruising Cruising

18-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00 AM

Thanks!

Although our ports on Serenade were different, I think the schedule remains the same for dinners. Formal nights were day 2 and day 6. Caribbean night was day 4. 70's night was day 3.
I believe that is correct.

We ate in the dining room every night and all meals were fantastic. Never felt a need to eat in a specialty restaurant.

Here is the itinerary for my cruise in Dec - my question is which are the best nights to go to the specialty restaurants? Caribbean night would be one - anyone know which night that would be? I don't want to miss "good" food in the main dining room. Also which nights are the formal nights?

11-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

12-Dec Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

13-Dec St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

14-Dec St. John's, Antigua 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

15-Dec Roseau, Dominica 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

16-Dec St. George's, Grenada 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

17-Dec Cruising Cruising

18-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00 AM

Thanks!

Usualy Sunday and Thursday are formal nights. Monday, Tuesday, and/or Wednesday are the nights that we consider the "lesser" menus and try to do the specialty dining one of those nights. Both Portofinos and Chops are excellent. They usually do a brunch at 11:00 on the last seaday. It is usually very nice and most times includes a galley tour.

Usualy Sunday and Thursday are formal nights. Monday, Tuesday, and/or Wednesday are the nights that we consider the "lesser" menus and try to do the specialty dining one of those nights. Both Portofinos and Chops are excellent. They usually do a brunch at 11:00 on the last seaday. It is usually very nice and most times includes a galley tour.

So has anyone done this brunch?? Not sure if I want to get cleaned up from the pool and spend $30 on brunch, however I would love to have the galley tour. Details please if you have done it.

So has anyone done this brunch?? Not sure if I want to get cleaned up from the pool and spend $30 on brunch, however I would love to have the galley tour. Details please if you have done it.

We have done it several times. Includes champagne and I believe mimosas. Assorted pastries and veggie tray. Jumbo grilled shrimp. Steak Benedict. Steak a couple of different ways. Grilled veggies. Fresh fruit. Cheese tray. Salad. Crepe dessert that is awesome. There is also another dessert but both always get this one because it is so good. It is a buffet except for dessert and drinks. I'm sure I'm forgetting some items. Nice atmosphere.

Archived