Thank you and a question re: Canon D10

denni

Because of all the good posts I read here regarding the Canon D10, I purchased one and began using it Labor Day weekend. I have been thrilled. I have only had it in the pool but was really pleased with the clarity and ease of use in water. Use out of water has been amazing. I used the video outside at night with the only lighting being on stage and it was great. I could go on and on about how happy I've been with each feature. I wanted to thank each of you that posted pictures and reviews which helped me make my choice. :D AND I have a question....Has anyone had an issue with the camera just going off as soon as you turn it on? It has done this several times and each time after I turn it off & on a few times then it works perfect. I'm wondering if there is something that I am missing. :confused: Again, much thanks.

It is a wonderful camera. I also looked here and debated for ages about whether to spend the money and will never regret my decision. It worked so well and was so nice with all the rain that we did not ever have to worry about the camera getting wet!@

It was easy to snorkel with too. I bought a float strap and then kept forgetting to take it. We just made sure it was tight on our wrist and snapped away.

I have had no trouble with it at all. I also took a back up battery and one battery lasted all day with lots of use. Then I charged them up and always made sure I had both batteries. So glad I did too as battery died in the middle of a snorkeling day and we were able to swap between sites.

Are you making sure the door is shut tight to the battery. I found that mine is a bit hard to get shut tightly.

Enjoy getting great memories!

Does it come fully on and then shut off? If so, I might would see if I could get it exchanged.

My usual problem is I don't get the button pressed down all the way, so I end up clicking the on and off button a couple times and it turns off and on. User error for me.

Very happy with my D10 also.

mitsugirly, that might be my problem because it's normally after I have had the card out of camera. I will be sure to double check that it's closed good. Hope that's all it is because I am so loving the camera. :) Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

I had something like that happen to mine.

I used it for one or two ports, then all of a sudden the screen went black and it wouldn't turn on. I tried another battery, but nothing. I left that camera in the room, and just used one of the others we had with us. I figured I wasn't going to miss out on this port, trying to figure out what was wrong with the camera. I looked at it that night, and it was as though nothing ever happened. Worked just fine. Go figure! That was in February. I used it in June on our sailing with no problems and I'll be taking it again the end of next week when we sail out again. (*Keeping fingers crossed*)

I am seriously considering trading in my Olympus underwater camera for the Canon D10 since I've been reading such great reviews about it. I have had nothing but problems with this Olympus. Does anyone know if there will be a newer version of the D10 coming out soon? I won't need it until December and if there is a newer model coming out before then, I will wait and purchase it.

Thank you

Archived