Question on BIRG ticket in Rome

susanb1

I'll be travelling from Civitavecchia to Rome for the day and have heard the BIRG ticket covers transportation in Rome in addition to the round trip train ride. It specifically mentions the metro and buses but does it also cover the trams?

Reason I ask is I'm planning on walking and sightseeing from Roma Termini to Piazza Navona (to see many churches & fountains in between) and noticed there is a #8 tram to Trastevere station where I could pick up the train back to Civitavecchia there instead of walking back to Termini or on to San Pietro station.

Or if someone has a better idea of getting to San Pietro or back to Termini, without walking, I'm listening.

Thanks.

The BIRG ticket does include the trams (including #8) all regular buses and the Metro. About the only thing not included are the HoHo buses. Your idea of going to Trastevere sounds good. In fact, we are often amazed at how many folks will go out of their way to get back to the Termini station where it actually takes 20 minutes longer on the train (back to Civitavecchia) than if you pick-up the same regional train at Trastavere or S. Pietro. The only negative is that the folks that board at Termini get the best seats :)

Hank

Archived