Oasis 9-25 Sailing Liquor Onboard

tikimon

Got the call yesterday evening from a close friend sailing this week on the Oasis.

I knew that they were attempting to do some smuggling of Liquor, so I ask them to give me a call after they received their luggage and let me know if it made it to the cabin ok.

As I said I got the call yesterday evening and was told that the 1/2 gal of Canadian Club, mixers and soft drinks all made it to the cabin. All still in the original containers in checked luggage

They all know that I will be sailing at the end of Oct and was wanting this info for myself.

Just thought that I would post to let others know that I know of atleast 1 cabin made it this week.

Don't know how the rest of the ports are doing with this issue tough.

• 5 weeks later...

Though this is a tired subject (booze, liquor smuggling), many people are wondering about the strict policy on Oasis. The Royal Caribbean site says that it strickly enforces no booze smuggling, no soda or water bottles. It says that they will check your mouthwash too. I personally believe that they wont find every bottle so certainly some will get through I'm sure. Be prepared to be embarassed if they post a note on your door and your luggage is missing. =o The site says that they can kick you off the ship but I don't think that would be the case., would it? I know these cruise ships make a great deal of their profit from booze so I would feel bad depriving them of thier profit (kind of) however most that do smuggle are doing so to save money as they don't have the budget for ship prices, particularly the heavy drinkers. You could spend a grand or two on a week long cruise if you drank alot. I like to have a cocktail (or two) before dinner on the balcony and definately like a few rum drinks by the pool. I saw in another post that you can buy rum and pinapple juice for $3.95. Rum and pinapple juice is usually what we used to smuggle on anyway on other cruises. I guess we'll buy a wine package (mediocre overpriced wine) if we want a drink in our room we can take the bottle back from dinner or just call room service and order a double martini for the before dinner cocktail on the balcony. Ahhh! If anyone had any success or failure lately post here. I'm not going to smuggle this time.

Archived