Pacifica - 10:45am Flight?

annorken63

We will be on the Pacifica in December. I am looking for airfares and I found a flight at 10:45am out of FCO. According to theItinerary, we should arrive at the Civitavecchia at 8am (but I am hoping that we will be at the port earlier than that). Do you think we can catch the 10:45am flight?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Ann

This one is easy. NO WAY.

Even if disembarkment began by 9:00 and you were in a taxi by 9:10, over an hour to the airport maybe if it is a Sunday, but you will not be able to get through the airport and board. Not even close. For an American airline, you are "supposed" to get to the airport 3 hours before departure. (Yes, European airports usually demand earlier arrival than American, but, hey, African airports are even worse.) However, 2 hours is usually sufficient. At FCO, 2 hours is pretty much a minimum; you will be one of the last boarded. In your case, keep looking up as you should be able to see your flight in the sky well before you make it to the gate.:)

Bill

This one is easy. NO WAY.

Even if disembarkment began by 9:00 and you were in a taxi by 9:10, over an hour to the airport maybe if it is a Sunday, but you will not be able to get through the airport and board. Not even close. For an American airline, you are "supposed" to get to the airport 3 hours before departure. (Yes, European airports usually demand earlier arrival than American, but, hey, African airports are even worse.) However, 2 hours is usually sufficient. At FCO, 2 hours is pretty much a minimum; you will be one of the last boarded. In your case, keep looking up as you should be able to see your flight in the sky well before you make it to the gate.:)

Bill

ditto

Of course you can make the 10:45 flight

The next day.

Don't even think about it. You will have just returned from a relaxing cruise / vacation, so why subject yourself to such stress and hectic. If the 10:45 is a cheap flight then spend the day / night in Rome and catch it the next day.

Ron

We will be on the Pacifica in December. I am looking for airfares and I found a flight at 10:45am out of FCO. According to theItinerary, we should arrive at the Civitavecchia at 8am (but I am hoping that we will be at the port earlier than that). Do you think we can catch the 10:45am flight?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Ann

We are taking the flight out of FCO on 12/20/10 at 12:15pm. We are on the Pacifica also 12/9-12/20/10 and I'm going to reserve a taxi at around 9am since the ship is supposed to arrive at Civitavecchia at 8am. The taxi service told me it should take 45mins to 1 hour to FCO and it will be 100€ for a sedan that can accommodate 2 to 4 persons with 1 luggage each. We can share the taxi if you need to be at the FCO airport the same day.

Madeleine

• 2 months later...
We are taking the flight out of FCO on 12/20/10 at 12:15pm. We are on the Pacifica also 12/9-12/20/10 and I'm going to reserve a taxi at around 9am since the ship is supposed to arrive at Civitavecchia at 8am. The taxi service told me it should take 45mins to 1 hour to FCO and it will be 100€ for a sedan that can accommodate 2 to 4 persons with 1 luggage each. We can share the taxi if you need to be at the FCO airport the same day.

Madeleine

Hello,

I will also be on the December 9th Pacifica sailing. My flight leaves at 1:30 PM from FCO and I am interested in sharing a taxi, if you still have room for 1 available?

We are also on the same cruise. Our flight departs at 8.30 pm. Couldn't find anything much to do with transfers involved and we sure aren't sitting at the airport all day. Booked the shore excursion into Rome with drop off at the airport. At least our baggage is taken care of. Would have been nice to get an earlier flight, but we will have to suffer the delights of Rome again.

Hello,

I will also be on the December 9th Pacifica sailing. My flight leaves at 1:30 PM from FCO and I am interested in sharing a taxi, if you still have room for 1 available?

--------------------------------------------

Yes JLuvs2Cruise, we have room for one more. We'll be 5 then instead of 4 and it'll be perfect to reserve a mini-van and the price quoted is as follows:

Transfer Info

Pick Up from: CIVITAVECCHIA

Destination to: FIUMICINO AIRPORT

Vehicle Type passenger.gif Passengers: 5 luggage.gif Baggages: 5 hand-carry.gif Hand Luggages: 5

Distance: 59.2 Km

Price Euros: 115,00

resulting rates are be understood as approximate

So it will be around 23€ each. Please email me with your name & cabin number at Madeleine.mccarthy@gmail.com so I can change our booking reservation and send you the reservation confirmation.

From past experience i have found checking in for an international flight at an Italian airport is anything but easy. I would not give that 10:45 flight a second thought...look for a PM departure if at all possible.

Archived