?s re: St. Barts tenders for Wind Spirit Caribbean sailing

Wide Open Sea

Did that one last February and it's one of the best intineraries. Just fun in the sun. Lots of swimming off the boat and good side trips. In St. Barth's you have 2 evenings ashore...Seems to me we ate in Gustavia both nights and didn't have to come back til 10pm or so. Have a ball! I'm gonna try the Barbados trip on Wind Surf in December. Different group of islands.:cool:

Glad to hear that you enjoyed last year's sailing and will be in the Caribbean on Windstar again this winter.

Having the opportunity to enjoy two evenings and two days in St Barts is a real treat.

A few f/u questions on Wind Spirit:

1. what deck would you recommend for cabin choice?

2. Is any smoking permitted on board the ship?

3. What were your impressions of dining and related service?

4. How smooth (or not) was the sailing?

thanks!

1. All cabins are the same. Small but adequate. I always take the upper deck and midship.

2. Smoking is allowed on deck only.

3. Food is pretty good. Breakfast and lunch buffets are the best. They have a speciality dining venue-Candles, a steak menu on deck you can reserve for dinner. Fun to do. There's 24 hour room service but rather limited so-so food. Also, one night is an on-deck barbq that's really good.

4. Last Feb was really calm on our cruise but you never know. We had great weather. Hot. You're making me jealous. I love the smaller Wind Spirit and Wind Star. My Barbados in December is on the bigger Wind Surf. Can you tell I'm a fan? This'll be my 6th cruise with these guys!!:cool:

I agree with Laurelguy the only thing I want to add is smoking is only permitted on the starboard side of the ship by the pool bar. Also their is nothing other than a flight of stairs between A and B deck cabins I have had both and prefer the B cabins very quite, try to stay away from tthe water tight door though they make a constant humming noise.

In St. Barths we rent a Smart Car and drive to Grand Saline beach it is one of the best! Bring an umbrella from the ship because there is NO shade!

Here are some thoughts for your Caribbean sailing on Wind Spirit in Feb:

St. Martin--dining in Grand Case

Tortola--Brewer's Bay for beach time and the Bananakeet Cafe for food, drinks, and a spectacular view

Virgin Gorda-- Little Dix Bay (a Rosewood resort) and if not crowded the Baths

St Barts--Beach time at Flamands Beach, Hike to Colombier Bay for snorkeling, lunch and relaxation at the Mango restaurant at the Christopher Hotel

Enjoy!:)

Archived