Splendor...embarkation time

According to the RC website, the ship sets sail at 5pm. You will probably be able to board the ship around noon. Don't know the distance from the airport to the ship.

Jim

Nordic Prince 8/88

Viking Serenade 3/93

Enchantment 3/01

Rhapsody 9/02

Splendour 4/03

Rhapsody, 9/03

Brilliance, 4/04

Until Our Caribbean Princess Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Hawaii on Inifinity

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;4;6;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-1100

Until Vision/Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;10;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hey Jim thanks for that much info.....every little bit helps and I'm sure we'll eventually hear from someone whi is in the know regarding the distance...I was guessing noon might be a good estimate... glad to hear you concur! Thanks!

Peg..... CT USA

The Cruise terminal is at 815 Channelside Drive in Tampa, and not far from the downtown area. Get directions from Mapquest. I posted a question about booking an 11:55 a.m. flight home after returning from a Splendour of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise next April, and was told that I should have no problem getting to the airport in plenty of time if I get off the ship right away.

Thanks Nancy....this info. definately helps. Now I just have to find a nice but relatively cheap hotel around that area for one night. I think we are going to fly down the night before the cruise. Does anybody have any suggestions for hotels in Port Tampa area?

We are on the Splendour leaving 01/02/05. Are any of you on this cruise or a later dated one? Note for missme2, most hotels around the dock are either already booked since it's New Year's or rather expensive. I'm still looking for a deal.

D & J

Scarborough: We have cruising in March. I can't believe the hotels are booked already!! Guess I better start looking now. I thought I'd have plenty of time since we weren't going until March. Starting to panic.....lol.

Missme2

You'll probably be ok. I'm having a hard time because I'm looking for a room on New Year's day. We had no problem getting a room in June when we sailed in 1999. Check out the following sites for help: visittampabay.com and ybor.org. Also, for port info go to *****.com and select Tampa. Hope this helps. icon_razz.gifGood luck and good cruise.

D & J

D & J

I'm going in December and we booked the Marriott Waterside. It's located right at the bay, right by Channelside. It looks wonderful from the brochure. It was $159, I wanted to have a nice place the night before. Very close to the pier also, only 1/2 mile away. It will accommodate 5 people though, so not a bad deal with 2 couples staying.

Peg, I grew up in Seymour!!! And I went on the Splendour in April out of Texas! Have you live din Seymour all your life? We might know each other?!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2005;1;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Grand Princess

Rhapsody of the Sea 8/2003

Splendour of the Sea 4/2004

The airport is about 10 miles from the pier. On a good day it should only take about 15 minutes. During rush hour M-F it will take much longer as you have to take I-275 to get to the pier. The Marriott Waterside is a beautiful new hotel right next to the Forum (Tampa Bay Lightning Home Arena....Stanley Cup champs!!!!!!) The pier is right down the street. They have cable cars that go in that direction from the hotel. If you're in town a couple of days you can also take the cable car to Ybor City. Ybor City is a night spot and is known for Cuban Cigars. Also downtown is the Hyatt and the Radisson Riverwalk. The Radisson is on the river, has a beautiful view of the University of Tampa, and has balconies. The Hyatt is not on the river and does not have balconies. Hope this helps!

CruiseDuck: Thanks for the info. We are also flying down (March) the day before our cruise. I will have to check into The Marriott Waterside since it is so close to the pier. Also, I was in Ybor City last year......fun place!!! Thanks again for the info. regarding the distance from the airport.

Does anyone know what tme the ship bards in Tampa for the westen Carribean cruises??

We are also leaving from Tampa on the Spleadour of the seas. Our Criuse is Dec-11-18. I was told we could board starting at noon. The distance from the airport to the dock is about 7 miles. That is from Tampa Intl.

Jimmy

Archived