best beach with jet ski available?

bowbiter

Which beach would you recommend for jet ski rentals in Costa Maya? I'm assuming we will head over to the Mahajual area - but I know there are a bunch of different resorts.

I think our end goal for me is to plop myself down in a beach chair while drinking something alcoholic so I can watch my friend go on the jet ski he so desperately wants to rent. Later we may both get some massages...

We won't necessarily stay at the same place all day but don't want to waste time trying to find the jet ski rentals either.

Any suggestions?

It's all the same beach. Everything runs together, not like Cozumel where resorts are spreadout and separated. You're not tied into staying at any one place with entrances and fees. You'll see the jet ski's "moored" and just walk along the malecon until you get to them. There are some at Pez Quadro about half way down. At one time they were around $25/ 1/2 hour. Someone noted recently that they went up to $45.

Thanks for the reply. Now debating between pre-reserving for $45 for 30 min or taking our chances that one is available for cheaper.

Just go and see if you can find a cheaper rate. You might even catch them in a discount mode. At worst, you know going in it'll be $45. And I doubt if you'll be finding a sudden run on jet skis and none available. Mahahal doesn't really stike me as a jet ski place, but beyond the small reef protecting the beach it's probably okay. Certainly not a lot of other traffic in you way.

Archived