Journey - current entertainers

suec12

We sailed on the Journey in May 2010 - we are returning for a late Oct. sail - I am looking for any recent cruisers to ask if the musical trio is still there - don't know the name - a woman who did most of the singing with two back up males - drum and guitar? I don't expect alot for entertainment on Azamara but I thought they could have done better than this trio - anyways I keep reading about the lovely pool side dinners -on our trip they did have one guy who sounded like Eric Clapton out there one night but for alot of the on deck entertainment like sail aways - it was this trio.

There were four primary entertainers. There was a harpist (Mary Amanda) who played in the lounge outside the dining room. She had a very good rapport with the audience. I think she had a night where she provided a concert in the Cabaret Lounge. There was a guitarist (Victor Cruz) who played electric guitar with a bit of a latin influence. We really enjoyed him. He was often playing at the Sunset Bar. There was a pianist/singer (Dan Hodge) who played singer/songwriter type songs and show tunes. He was good. Then there was a couple Diamond Heart Duo that played at the poolside events. They both played the keyboard and both sang. They were hit and miss in my opinion. The female vocalist had some songs that matched her vocal range pretty good and others not so good. Her partner sang as well and was pretty good.

Thank you MesaJandC - maybe the trio turned into a duo - I know Azamara is more refined cruiseline than others I have sailed - can't expect the dollar wine song - but I was hoping for something a little more lively than we had in May. Oh well.

I thought Diamond Duo was the only bad thing I could say about my experience on the Azamara Journey. I suppose that speaks a lot about the Journey. In any case, the male part of the duo could sing, the female part of the duo had, perhaps, one of the worse voices I'd ever heard - except perhaps during the audition episodes of American Idol. Seriously, she had a HORRIBLE voice and watching her sing was just painful. Her face twisted and contorted weirdly through every performance. I was shocked that she managed to secure a professional singing gig.

I understand Tony Markie (sp?) is on the Journey in Oct/Nov but I'm not sure if he is moving to the Quest on what would be his next contract into the spring - most of the officers and senior staff seem to rotate between the two ships. It's a great pity as I would really like to experience another CD - Tony is not my favourite. I find his humour extremely trying, stuck in the 1970's - he reminds me of an unfunny Benny Hill (and that is saying a lot).

Archived