Transportation from ship to Scuola Grande di San Rocco

Can'tstopcruising

I hope one of you experts can help me! We would like to go to the Scuola di San Rocco directly from the ship. The direction are from the vaporetto stop of San Toma. Does anyone know how to get there? Thanks!

The Scuola di San Rocco is roughly halfway between Piazzal Roma and the San Toma Vaporetto stop. No need to take the Vaporetto unless you want to. Take the People Mover from the port to Piazzal Roma (1 euro 2 minutes), cross Piazzal Roma and walk to the Scuola in 5 minutes. Venice is quite small.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Piazzale+Roma,+30135+Venezia,+Veneto,+Italy&daddr=Scuola+di+San+Rocco,+Sestiere+San+Polo,+3054,+30125+Venezia,+Italy&geocode=FSVUtQIdiPW7AClnTxkVuLF-RzHK1Ai2pXTQpg%3BFZJOtQIdhxG8ACkzjCIIxrF-RzEqvER_2ITA2A&hl=en&mra=pd&mrcr=0&dirflg=w&sll=45.499265,12.376711&sspn=0.690149,1.229095&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

If you prefer the other route, from piazzal Roma, take the No 1 Vaporetto to San Toma and follow the sign for Piazzal Roma. Be sure to have a map. You wouldn't be the first to get lost in Venice but no one stays lost for more than 5 minutes.

There is a very decent Trattoria in Campo San Toma if you want to eat afterward. Also one of the authentic mask shops is there and you will be close to the Frari church and the home of Guido Brunetti. (look him up)

I hope one of you experts can help me! We would like to go to the Scuola di San Rocco directly from the ship. The direction are from the vaporetto stop of San Toma. Does anyone know how to get there? Thanks!

Here is a way to see where you are going. Copy and paste these numbers into google earth or maps

Cruise port end of people mover 45.439735,12.313485

Piazzal Roma end of people mover 45.438150,12.316728

Scuola di San Rocco 45.436669,12.325579

San Toma Vaporetto stop 45.435289,12.327950

Even easier, just highlight a number click on the arrow and pick map with live search. When you find the point on the map, look at it with 'bird's eye view'

Thank you' date=' Earl, for the very helpful information. Now I just have to figure out how to copy and paste! I learned how years ago, but I can't remember![/quote']

Try the easier way- just highlight the numbers. If an arrow pops up click on it and select 'map with live search' Maybe this only works with microsoft outlook.

Otherwise

Highlight the item ( click before the first letter or number, hold the mouse button down and drag across to the last letter or number) and then right click your mouse button any where in the highlighted area Select copy. That puts the item on your notepad. Put your cursor where you want the item to go Then right click and 'paste'.

Archived