Does your drinking increase on a cruise?

Iggipolka

Does your alcohol consumption change on a cruise?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Does your alcohol consumption change on a cruise?

• Yes - I drink more.
    • No - I drink less.
    • I don't drink alcohol at home or on a cruise.

Do you think you drink more on a cruise than you do in every day life or in comparison to other types of vacations? I usually only have a glass of wine a few nights a week normally, but on a cruise I certainly increase my consumption!

What's your favorite cocktail? I'm quite partial to vodka gimlets, just wish they weren't so sweet!

I drink a LOT more on a cruise. Normally, I'll drink about 2 drinks a week but on a cruise... I don't have many responsibilities, I'm not going to drive anywhere, I'll never see any of these people again and I don't have to watch my diet so BOTTOMS-UP!

Mangia,

I only drink about three or four times a month at home. On vacation I like to have one every couple of days! I'm not a beer or wine drinker at all, I'm strictly mixed drinks with hard liquor. My all-time favorite was the Banana Cows I had at the Rex Grenadian resort in Grenada in 2003. It was banana and nutmeg and rum and I don't know what else but I haven't been able to duplicate it! (Ditto for a meal I had at a restaurant on Grenada...I'd pay a lot of money for that recipe too!)

It has been several years since my last cruise but I recall that bill at the end of the cruise being pretty scary - so I'm sure I drink more on a cruise than at home. Although I will say, I drink less on a cruise than at an all-inclusive. :) Favorite cocktail - A dirty Martini with extra olives.

Definitely!

We bought the wine package which made it a little more economical (not much, though). We also brought on some liquor and mix of our own--and champagne for the sailaway party. But there's nothing like relaxing by the pool in the sun and ordering an exotic tropical drink.

Archived