Back from Pacific Sun

samushy

Beer is $4 on the Pacific Sky, so I'd imagine it's the same on the Sun. Thats pretty good pricing if the beer comes in a schooner, but I think I'll stick to spirits anyway. mmmmm bourbon.

See you on the ship, I'm staying on the Main deck.

Bundy,

Have a great trip and party hard for your birthday. :D

How many times have you been on the Pacific Sky? and did you enjoy yourself?

(they say that the Pacific Sun runs the same as Pacific Sky).

Resgene,

Have a great trip also.:)

Regards

Kazza1

Cheers Kazza1!

I sure will be partying hard, I hear the staff sing happy birthday at dinner for you. It was actually a mate of mine who went on the Sky a few months ago, I'm just passing the info on.

Between myself and my travel partner there is 1 Gig of digital camera memory and 3 cameras, so expect lots and lots of photos.

3 Days to go!!!

Bundy,

Great news that there will be lots of photos. Cant get enough Pacific Sun info and photos. (I have to wait till 14/6/05 to see it all for myself)

When you get back make sure you let us know where you posted the photos.

Dont know if you can post them on this site. Seems to only have overseas P&O.

(thats why Past its review has not been seen)

Regards

Kazza1

Thanks for the info guys - I will definately post some photos and let you know how it all went.

We will be celebrating 14 years of marriage so it'll be fairly special for us.

Happy Birthday Bundy!! :)

How about those theme nights - they sound really fun.

Resgene,

Have a Happy 14th Wedding Anniversary. What a great way to celebrate.

My husband and I are looking at going on the Fiji Cruise in Feb next year for our 16th wedding Anniversary.

What theme nights do you have?

Regards

Kazza1

Kazza1,

I have some webspace with my ISP and luckily my travel partner does too. We will be uploading all the good ones for you to see. If I write a review up I will probably make it a thread, rather than having to wait for the site administrator to put it up for the public to read.

Resgene,

Happy wedding anniversary!

Our theme nights are as follows:

Formal Nights

Pyjama Night

Country & Western

Rock N Roll

Island Dress Night

Hi Bundy, I think there is a Fancy Dress night as well. Is this your first cruise? A thread for the review is a great idea.

I know what they say in the brochures but how formal do we have to dress on the Formal Nights?

Kazza, thanks and I hope you have a great time too if you end up in Fiji!

Whoey, thanks for the drinks prices. A happy hour - didn't think of that... sounds too good to be true! :D Can't wait to find out if there is one!

Resgene,

This is my first cruise ever, I haven't even stepped onto a boat in the past few years. I hope there are lots of other new people onboard too, I don't want to be the only one walking around with a map all the time.

I'm not sure how formal they would like us to dress. If I get the chance to catch up with my workmate who went on the Pacific Sky I'll ask her what the ladies wore on the formal nights. I plan to wear a suit and tie. From what I have read about the Pacific Sky, a suit and tie is what most men wear whilst women seem to vary in their dress standard.

On the other hand it's so much easier to dress a male for a formal dinner. The choices are between a) suit or b) tux.

Hopefully past it will pay this thread another visit so she can give you some better advice.

:) Have a great time,I did ,just slightly disapointed with the decor thats all. Had set myself up with high expectations and as there wasn't much info available fro me to find out things. I fantazized what it would be like.and it didn't live up to it. I had also looked at the large cruise ships like the Brilliance of the Seas etc and thought I might be getting a smaller version.So don't do as I did.It is very similar to fairsky and I have sailed on the Fairstar too.It is also not all renovated especially the 2 laundries,so expect a long wait there. Aside from that We had a good time .I felt it was geared for the younger 20=30 yrs with the partying and drinking. I worked for 10 years in a university student accomodation residence,so nothing shocked me!! The foods not bad,the buffet was new to me on a ship,but they all seem to be going that way now .I have posted a few tips to Neice and Ron, they should be back in a few days. Let me know if there is anything you want to know. The dress is very casual,formal nite I wore a long black chiffon skirt with a burgundy/sparkly top and had my hair done for $33 but book in the first few days.The other nites white long pants/nice T/shirts.I will try and give a link to my pics,I have done it before but in case you can't find them.

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/search.asp?CatLevel=2&Cat1_ID=9&Cat2_ID=&Cat3_ID=&Cat4_ID=&SearchText=pacific+sun&category=9&x=22&y=6

forgot to mention, the island nite we had after Vila,we took all our island gear but you can get heaps there.Mu camera played up that nite so no pics of it.couldn't get the full disc out.Came good in the morning!!! Had to buy the "official pic"the photos are about 19.50,but hear they were selling them on the last day cheap.A lot did the island nite the western and pj but not the others.Where do you fit all these costumes!! Some were very dressed up but they seemed to stick out as they were in the minority. I know on the american cruises they are very formal. Also if you do party hard be careful as we had a few tragic incidents involving alcohol and skindiving

I bet your getting excited! The island nite nearly everyone had some sort of costime on,the country nite quite a few bits and pieces were to be seen.the pajama nite ,a few got changed after dinner,some of the younger ones had nice satin pj's on.but about 100 which is not a lot when there were 1900 on board. We had it in the terraces lounge after dinner, that is where most things were on.Sorry after the show about 9.30-10 It was the main place,the disco is next door to it. Have a great time and I will be looking on the webcam!!:) ps I was in Empress 86 What no are you in. The cabins were quite good,we had 4 in but 2 would have been better. A bit old for those bunks!! The shower was lovely, the toilet flushes using air so makes a loud noise,like on a plane.Not a lot of space to put stuff in bathroom,so one of those plastic over the door storage things would be good. Bon Yoyage:D

It's shopping day for me tomorrow. I need pj's to wear to the party and lots of camera batteries. I'm in room 170, down on the Main deck, right at the rear of the ship. It appears that there is a large area out the back of the ship on the Main deck, but the ship layout on the P&O site doesn't explain its purpose.

1 day to go!

Bundy,

All those YELLOW area's on the Deck Plan are *crew Area's* which simply means passengers are not suppose to go there. Some are the engine room stuff and kitchens / bridge / galley / crew quarters plus others I probably dont know much about.

If you look at this website of the Carnival Jubilee (now Pacific Sun) it also shows that rear area of Main Deck as empty (not accessible) - best guess it is crew quarters.

http://www.cruise4.com/DeckPlans/CARN/Holiday/holiday-main-profile.html

Enjoy your cruise !

Whoey.

from the P&O website:

"All cabins are fitted with an Australian three-point plug providing 220/240 volts AC at 60hertz. While most appliances will operate using 60hertz, it is essential you check that any medical apparatus (e.g. oxygen concentrator or nebuliser) will operate at this power. Connecting your electrical appliances on a different electrical current may be dangerous and could cause damage to your appliance."

Does this mean that my 50hz straightening iron (for hair) wont work? :confused: :)

Oh well - I will just have to book into the hairdresser .... a bit of pampering wont go astray :D

Have a great time Bundy, we have booked with friends and I am not sure what out room number is - I'm sure we are on the Riviera Deck.

Resgene,

I have to take a nebuliser on for my son who has asthma, but I was wondering about my hair straitening iron aswell. Think I will call P&O tomorrow.

Bundy and Resgene,

Have a great trip and look forward to hearing all about it.

Regards

Kazza1

Archived