Eclipse Specialty Restaurants

weegl

The Eclipse has three specialty restaurants that we can access for our upcoming November cruise: Qsine, Murano and the Tuscan Grille.

Does anyone have an opinion on whcih they prefer? We will likely do two of them, but not sure which.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey weegl. We are sailing with you this November. We had the same decision and choose Qsine for the "not to be missed" factor. CC boards seem split between Murano and Tuscany but we chose Murano because we thought MIL might be more "wowed" by the upscale factor.

I imagine both are great and I can't wait!

I'll be doing QSine and Murano twice on our next cruise. I've had two mediocre experiences in Tuscan Grille, but it's the favorite of a lot of people on here.

Are tips included in the additional charge for these restaurants?

On our recent cruise:

Qsine was fantastic and we went there twice. Food was excellant and service and presentation was superb.

Tuscan Grille was good in a wonderful location

Murano was mediocre and most disappointing.

We are also deciding on specialty restaurants. Qsine is a definite, but could you tell me what you didn't like about Murano? We have eaten there on Century and loved it, wonder what might be different on Eclipse?

We are also deciding on specialty restaurants. Qsine is a definite, but could you tell me what you didn't like about Murano? We have eaten there on Century and loved it, wonder what might be different on Eclipse?

We too ate there twice on Century too and loved the experience-the lovely room, wonderful views, open kitchen etc.

On Eclipse we ate there after the modern TG and the funky Qsine- the room seemed overly dark, no real windows (they are fake with lights behind them), we were put in a corner, they used to do a fillet steak and now it is 3 little 2oz fillets wrapped in pastry, the presentation was 'messy' with bean sprouts 'thrown' across the plate and there was some steak tartare (raw) on the side the smell of which is quite horrid if you do not like raw meat. My cheese souffle was slightly cold in the middle at the bottom and I found the whole presentation lids off at the same time a little false when seeing it for the 3rd time. Please accept these are MHO and I'm sure others will have vastly different opinions. There was nothing 'wrong' with the meal as such, but we far prefered the other dining venues.

Archived