Dream balcony, spa balcony, suite ????

erdoran

Hi, I'm new to this section of the board, have been hanging on NCL before. I'm thinking about the Dream for Christmas 2011 but can't find more than sketchy info on the various cabin categories, and Carnival's website isn't very helpful or comprehensive. Is there somewhere you can point me for more details?

What I want to know is:

1. for the various "spa" categories (e.g. spa balcony, spa suite) do you get FREE (well, included in your fare) admission to the spa? I understand services are excluded, but I mean like the thalassotherapy pool, steamrooms, etc? Or do you just get expanded hours but still pay for a spa pass? And how much would a spa pass for a 7 day cruise cost if I just bought one instead of a spa cabin?

2. Are the cabins bigger than other same-level cabins, or is what you get just the "amenities" and presumably spa passes?

3. Is there any detail about the different suites, including decent interior shots & square footage vs square footage on the balcony cabins?

4. The 9 whatever balcony cabins (vista balconies I think?? extended balconies? sorry, I'm not on their website right now)--what do you get extra in those? huge balconies? How do they compare to regular balconies? I'm not so concerned about what deck, I'm more interested in square footage, more space, bigger balcony, etc.

5. Other than a larger cabin and more desireable location and probably a basket of fancy toiletries, what do you get for a suite that makes them special? For example, NCL suites include a butler & concierge and some even have a private restaurant and pool for suite guests; I don't think Carnival has that?

6. We sailed the Liberty last year and enjoyed it EXCEPT for the crowds and chair hogs! Long waits at the buffet action stations, burrito bar, deli, had to get to the pool deck before 8 am or no chairs to be had. Is the Dream just as bad that way or have people had better experiences during busy cruise seasons? We are stuck with Christmas week because it's the only week DH gets off from work.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

I'm really glad you posted this because I have been wondering the same thing. We have 2 young kids and we were planning on booking two balcony staterooms so we could have some privacy and not go to bed at 9 or 10 o'clock at night with our kids, but if the suite has more privacy, I think that could be a more cost effective way to cruise for us.

1. for the various "spa" categories (e.g. spa balcony, spa suite) do you get FREE (well, included in your fare) admission to the spa? I understand services are excluded, but I mean like the thalassotherapy pool, steamrooms, etc? Or do you just get expanded hours but still pay for a spa pass? And how much would a spa pass for a 7 day cruise cost if I just bought one instead of a spa cabin?

I'm staying in a Spa Cabin in January. Here's the info on the amenities.

Carnival Dream Spa Amenities

Note: Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Amenities and offerings available to all the Spa accommodations include the following;

· Welcome Reception/Ritual

· Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter).

· Unlimited access to Thermal Suites:

o Laconium

o Tepidarium

o Oriental Steam Bath

o Aroma Steam Bath

· Unlimited access to Thalassotherapy Pool:

o Detoxify, unwind and revitalize your body in a pool which is gently heated to body temperature.

o Ideal for alleviating arthritic pain, soothing sore muscles and offering relief for sport injuries.

· Two complimentary fitness classes per person (Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi)

· Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

· Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

o Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner

o Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion

o One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk

The Welcome Reception Ritual

An invitation-only reception, guests will be invited to the Relaxation Room, overlooking the spectacular vistas. From there, the guests will be led on small (maximum 8 people, if traveling together) personalized tours of the spa facilities. At the completion of the tour, guests will be given the opportunity to receive priority spa bookings.

I'm staying in a Spa Cabin in January. Here's the info on the amenities.

Carnival Dream Spa Amenities

Note: Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Amenities and offerings available to all the Spa accommodations include the following;

· Welcome Reception/Ritual

· Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter).

· Unlimited access to Thermal Suites:

o Laconium

o Tepidarium

o Oriental Steam Bath

o Aroma Steam Bath

· Unlimited access to Thalassotherapy Pool:

o Detoxify, unwind and revitalize your body in a pool which is gently heated to body temperature.

o Ideal for alleviating arthritic pain, soothing sore muscles and offering relief for sport injuries.

· Two complimentary fitness classes per person (Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi)

· Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

· Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

o Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner

o Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion

o One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk

The Welcome Reception Ritual

An invitation-only reception, guests will be invited to the Relaxation Room, overlooking the spectacular vistas. From there, the guests will be led on small (maximum 8 people, if traveling together) personalized tours of the spa facilities. At the completion of the tour, guests will be given the opportunity to receive priority spa bookings.

Thanks, that's a lot of what I am looking to know--I did want to be sure that it includes "free" spa access. Sounds like it also includes priority spa service sales pitches :>--after having an expensive spa service ruined by high pressure sales throughout the entire service, I'm pretty turned off to that aspect of spa life! But the included access to facilities is great, and if someone is into buying additional services this certainly gives them a nice opportunity to have them when they want.

I decided to splurge and upgrade to the Spa level. From what I hear being on Deck 12 is very nice. Not very loud, great view from the balcony since it's not covered.

I was debating between RCL and Carnival. For a little cheaper, I was able to get the Spa Level.

I met a lovely family of four that have a Cove Balcony which was perfect for them. They would sit out on the balcony while the girls slept in. She and I bought the spa package together. I probably wouldn't do the Spa again as an extra because it was really tough to find time to get there. The thalassatherapy pool made me sea sick.

I decided to splurge and upgrade to the Spa level. From what I hear being on Deck 12 is very nice. Not very loud, great view from the balcony since it's not covered.

I was debating between RCL and Carnival. For a little cheaper, I was able to get the Spa Level.

We were on the spa deck, balcony in spa room 11210 its next to the front of the ship and you can get on the elevator in about 10 steps from your spa cabin, which brings you not only to the spa area, but also right to the serienty area . It wasnt bumpy or noisy at all as I thought it might be, it was so quiet. We had planned to do deck 12 only to find out some people like to throw things down on the people with deck 12, not to mention spitting ect, we are SO VERY GLAD that we went with deck 11. We loved the ship, however we had no options as to when to go as son and his now wife got married in st thomas on the beach. We wont sail when kids are out of school, IE spring break, summer and xmas, overall we will sail on the dream again :)

added, our son and daughter in law loved having the grand suite, however it could be noisy, but a wonderful suite none the less, worked out well with all of the people who sailed for the wedding!

We were in spa balcony cabin #12204 on the Oct 15, 2009 sailing in the Med. We loved it! If you look at the deck plans, you'll notice the Dream doesn't have many cabins on the port side (even numbered cabins) on Deck 12. VERY quiet, exclusive feel up there...felt like I was on a private yacht coming back to our cabin :rolleyes:. Here's what it looked like on the inside (the decorations were for our engagement);

DSC00116.jpg

Also, steps away from the spa (we had the spa privleges for the entire 12 day cruise). Loved the Thalassotherapy pool...was very much appreciated after all the walking (sore feet/legs) in the Italian, Croatian, Monoco ports!!

Marty & Jeanne

5. Other than a larger cabin and more desireable location and probably a basket of fancy toiletries, what do you get for a suite that makes them special? For example, NCL suites include a butler & concierge and some even have a private restaurant and pool for suite guests; I don't think Carnival has that?

6. We sailed the Liberty last year and enjoyed it EXCEPT for the crowds and chair hogs! Long waits at the buffet action stations, burrito bar, deli, had to get to the pool deck before 8 am or no chairs to be had. Is the Dream just as bad that way or have people had better experiences during busy cruise seasons? We are stuck with Christmas week because it's the only week DH gets off from work.

Carnival does not have any suite amenties that even come close to NCL's. VIP priviledges and a larger cabin but no separate bedrooms like NCL.

The lines on the Dream were bad on our cruise and we weren't on when kids were out of school or at Thanksgiving or Christmas when it is the worst for lines. You just have to pick your times to eat carefully for the buffets, deli, pizza and burger areas etc.

Archived