How "dressed up" do people get for dinner on NCL?

Sail Girl

Most threads I've read ask about how casual one can be dressed for dinner on NCL.

I haven't been on an NCL cruise since 2006 and wonder if the general mode of dress is casual, smart casual, or Sunday Best for dinner.

Also what is the dress if there is a "formal" night?

Thanks

I'd say the average dress is definitely casual, though you'll see the extremes from really casual to suit/tux/evening gown. This even applies to "formal" night, though the average dress that night might be smart casual.

That's one of the joys of Freestyle; you will literally fit in regardless of what you choose to wear (excepting the handful of shorts/flip flops exclusions).

I wear nice black pants just about every night, with a sweater set for most evenings and a dressier top for "dress up or not night". Hubby wears a sports jacket on those nights, but usually just a collared shirt. We seem to fit in quite well, but there are always some very dressed up (especially on holidays) and some dressed way down as well. Hope this helps!

Robin

Most threads I've read ask about how casual one can be dressed for dinner on NCL.

I haven't been on an NCL cruise since 2006 and wonder if the general mode of dress is casual, smart casual, or Sunday Best for dinner.

Thanks

Hi, Not really any Formal Night! We chose to wear a little dressier top/slacks and the DH wore a sports jacket, shirt and tie 1 night and a jacket no tie in LeBistro.

We felt comfortable and we were NOT the only ones dressed a little on the "dress up or not night". Only 1 on the 7 day to Bermuda.

Have fun ~

I always wear a formal on the first 'Dress up or Not' night, and I may or may not wear one if there's a second. I generally pack two formals, and at least one cocktail dress (which is often my choice if there's a second 'dress up or not' night). Most nights I dress for dinner as I would to go to a nice restaurant or an evening out at home. On the dressier nights, I generally change at some point after supper and pictures, but most nights I enjoy being 'out' in clothes I enjoy wearing but don't get a lot of opportunities to wear at home.

I look at the freestyle dress code as being 100% individual. It gives you licence to wear what YOU want; what YOU'RE comfortable in, and every individual gets to make their own choice. That's why a lot of the time you'll see me in the dining room wearing a dressier than average outfit while my husband sits beside me in his jeans. We're all on vacation and NCL allows us to enjoy it as we please, so we do!! :)

its YOUR CHOICE whether you DRESS UP or NOT Any night!!

you will see everything from a tux or two for the men/gowns for the ladies all the way to men in jeans and island print shirts to ladies in capris and tops and Everything in between!

i usually am in a long dress or skirt most nights just because i dont get the chance to DRESS UP at home...but its MY CHOICE whenever i feel like it...hubby wears anything from slacks, shirt and tie to jeans and an island or polo shirt...just depends the mood we are in to DRESS UP OR NOT--that why we LOVE NCL...OUR CHOICE!!

Most people are dressed resort casual for dinner. Many people did dress formally for the "Dress up or not Night", but even then the range was very formal to Sunday best to resort casual. One man wore a kilt and he looked very nice. No one looked down at people not dressing up. At least that's how I felt. We had a nice time watching the people getting their formal pictures taken in the Atrium. They all looked great.

Thanks

You can get as dressed up as you want to be. In my observations, the general mode of dress in the evening is smart casual/resort casual. On "dress up or not" nights you can go as formal as you wish. Although, since 2006 I have seen less and less tuxedos/gowns. Even so, I think people just dress up when they want to and dress down when they feel like it. The best part is not feeling out of place...no matter what you choose...and everyone is comfortable.

Have a great cruise!

coka

Archived