A different question Eze To Monaco

see you soon

We are traveling to the south of France next Spring. I am comfortable reading the train and bus schedules and am aware that there could be changes by next April. Right now the latest bus back from Eze village to Monaco is at 18:35. That time is fine for us as our ship does not sail until 22:00. My concern is that since that is the last bus, what is the possibility of it being full and not stopping to allow passengers on. I know this can happen at peak times when trying to catch the #100 bus, but at least there is another one along ever 30 minutes or so. If we were not able to get on the last #112 our options would be a taxi or walking down to Eze sur Mare because the last #83 leaves Eze village at 17:50. Any thoughts or information would be welcome.

Thanks Mae

Are you limited to taking the bus? DH and I were just there the end of last month. We rented a car from the Hertz office in Monte Carlo and drove to Eze. We then drove over to La Turbie which we really enjoyed too. Having the car gave us a lot of flexibility and we thought it was an easy drive and day. Obviously more expensive than the bus (but much cheaper than any tour) so maybe that's a consideration.

Your suggestion could work but my husband does not like to drive when we travel because he can not also enjoy the scenery. Also we don't dock until 12:00 noon and short term rentals usually have late afternoon returns so it probably wouldn't work for us.

Thanks anyway. Mae

Since you are docking at noon in Monaco, you could catch the 1:20 bus to Eze, spend 3 hours there and come back on the 4:30 #112 bus. That gives you a couple of back up options & 3 hours is probably more than enough time to enjoy the town.

I was aware of the 1:30 bus to Eze. We are being a little greedy with our time. We want to go to the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild at Cap Ferrat. I have figured out a tentative schedule but the only way to do both places is to do Eze last. We wanted to do this last Spring but the weather was awful one day and just so-so the next. Of course if it is nasty it would be a no go again. We have been to Eze but on a bus tour so we saw the perfume factory and a view point. We have been to Nice and Monaco several times for short visits. I really do appreciate the way people try to share their knowledge and help

Mae

Archived