~ FYI - Spirit Class Ships and Balconies ~

Cool Waters

FYI FOR SPIRIT CLASS SHIPS: PRIDE, MIRACLE, LEGEND AND SPIRIT

Some may already know this and some may not. But if you don't know......I was talking to my PVP today about getting two rooms on the Pride next year...2 adults and 3 Kids....and she told me that you can not longer have the balcony doors opened to join the balconies to a cabin next door. They must remain closed for safety reasons.

This was important for me to know b/c if we could not get adjoining rooms, we were going to get two rooms side by side and use the balconies to access the rooms when we didn't want to go into the hallway.

I wouldn't want divider opened. I like my privacy. Could you imagine being in your cabin changing clothes on a sea day with the curtain open & the neighbor coming onto your balcony? I don't care if it's your family or best friend, it is nice to enjoy your balcony privately.;)

It would be my husband and son in the next cabin.....

We have always had the divider open when crusiing with our son and duaghter-in-law. They have the vista suite and we have the ocean suite next door on the Spirit and my daughter-in-laws parents have the aft balcony on the other side of the VS . I mentioned something about what a great long balcony that would be and my PVP said that we can not open the dividers. What a bummer!!!!!

We also like to have the balcony divider opened/moved when traveling with my DB and SIL, and were able to do it on the Legend in April. Rules may have changed since then.

Yes, she said they got an email about 2 months ago saying it was no longer allowed.

We have always had the divider open when crusiing with our son and duaghter-in-law. They have the vista suite and we have the ocean suite next door on the Spirit and my daughter-in-laws parents have the aft balcony on the other side of the VS . I mentioned something about what a great long balcony that would be and my PVP said that we can not open the dividers. What a bummer!!!!!

I know....it just sucks!....really bad

FYI FOR SPIRIT CLASS SHIPS: PRIDE, MIRACLE, LEGEND AND SPIRIT

Some may already know this and some may not. But if you don't know......I was talking to my PVP today about getting two rooms on the Pride next year...2 adults and 3 Kids....and she told me that you can not longer have the balcony doors opened to join the balconies to a cabin next door. They must remain closed for safety reasons.

This was important for me to know b/c if we could not get adjoining rooms, we were going to get two rooms side by side and use the balconies to access the rooms when we didn't want to go into the hallway.

Ask for another PVP and see if you get the same answer.

There are only 47 clamps for opening balcony dividers on Spirit Class ships only. If you are not one of the first 47 people to go to Guest Services on Spirit class ships and ask to have your balcony opened (representatives from both cabins need to be present), then you will be SOL.

If you call and ask a PVP, they will tell you it's no longer allowed on the Spirit class ships. It also states this on CCL's website. However, there have been several passenger that sailed after this policy went into effect, upon returning they say that (as ChefSusan just mentioned) there are a certain number still allowed per sailing. You must visit guest relations immediately upon boarding to request it, and as also mentioned, 1 person from each cabin must be present giving consent. I've heard that your divider will be opened sometime the following day while at sea, done by a member of the maintenance staff. I'm booked on the Legend in 3 side by side cabins, fingers-crossed that this info holds true for us. We shall see....

I don't know when the policy went into effect, but on the 7/26 sailing of the Miracle we had the balcony dividers open. The first we did after boarding was to go and request to have them opened. They told us they would be opened in Grand Turk (day 4), but they were opened late afternoon the next day.

I will be very disappointed if this changes because in from PA the Miracle and Pride are our best options without flying, and it is really nice to have a big common balcony when sailing with friends and family.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

We have an aft balcony reserved on the Spirit going to Alaska and friends in the aft balcony next door. Would be nice to open the divider for sure.

Pretty sure those afts haven't been opened in Alaska for a couple of years. We tried in 2009 and were told that they could no longer open them on Alaskan sailings due to Coast Guard Regs.

We had them all open across one deck on a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Spirit once so who knows....

Just off the Miracle yesterday...our divider was opened for us on the first sea day, right off in the morning and was not closed until we were docked back in NYC yesterday. We had cabins 7299 and 7295.

Well there ya go! Another rumor shot down:D

• 1 month later...

Archived