tell me all about Carnival karaoke!

ViolaSwamp

No key change for SUPERSTAR ???? aaauuugggggghhhhhh :(

The vain of my karaoke existance.....I have such a limited range....I can only do a VERY few songs in their original key.

For example...I can sing "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey...BUT NOT in the original key.

I can sing Mariah Carey's "Hero"....but NOT in the original key....

Btw, Tim (Senior AV Tech for Carnival) made sure the key control WAS working on the Triumph when I got there.

THANK YOU TIM!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I can sing ANYTHING in the orginal key. That doesn't stop me from getting up there and being cheeky. All in fun,...I guess.

We're about to sail "Miracle". Anyone know if "Miracle" has "Superstar Karaoke" yet? I'm looking forward to the Passenger Talent Show too, and LOVE singing with a live band.

"SKY"

Sky, did you sing in the final show on Legend a few weeks back? Close the show singing Sinatra by any chance?

We're about to sail "Miracle". Anyone know if "Miracle" has "Superstar Karaoke" yet? I'm looking forward to the Passenger Talent Show too, and LOVE singing with a live band.

"SKY"

Don't they have the Legend Show on the Miracle instead of the Talent Show???

I'm a late comer, but just found this thread and so happy I did.

Thought i was the only "serious" karaoke singer! lol

We'll be on the Liberty for the New Year. Can anyone tell me about this ships karaoke?

I see that LHP is the pro here, so help me out! :D

I just got off the Spirit 5 day cruise this morning. They had Superstar on there instead of the talent show. Superstar was the first night and last night and regular karaoke all other nights. The KJ was horrible but they did let me play my CD's. I sang one song on Superstar the first night. I have to say the band is really good and all songs I heard sounded pretty close to the original and they have a big tv in front of you for the words so no problems there. However, no key changes. I don't even think regular karaoke allowed key changes. She was so bad that I didn't dare ask if she could bring it down 2 cuz I think she would have looked at me like I was from another planet.:D

Just went on my first Carnival Cruise and enjoyed karaoke every night and being in the Showcase of Stars guest talent show. Without getting into line by line detail, let me just say some of the "rules" previously spelled out evidently vary with the particular ship and who the karaoke host is....

I sang karaoke on my first (and, so far, only) cruise on the Destiny in Jan. '09. It was a decent crowd, but not huge. The KJ was great, but can't remember his name. I sang a couple times and got a good reception, so the next night when I went back and it was kind of dragging, he kept asking me to get up there. LOL

I love to sing, and would absolutely LOVE the Superstar Karaoke. Hope I get to try it someday soon! I'm having major cruise cravings...

Archived