A different wine question

rafinmd

I am currently booked on the 2-day "Taste of France" (Britannia Club) followed by the transatlantic to NY (D2). As a World Club Gold member I will potentially get 3 bottles of spirits (2 World Club and 1 Britania Club) although it may be less withthe short duration of the first cruise. I do not drink, but it would be a shame to let all this go to waste. Any suggestions on what I can do with whatever is left in my room? Bring it my table on the TA. Can it be served at the meet and mingle? If so are there fees involved? Any other suggestions?

Roy

I think that your expectations are high. I believe that you may be given a bottle of Pol Acker. Now descriptions of this vary between bad and unpleasant. In mho it is ok whilst unpacking. The use of it is restricted to within your cabin/balcony. Use anywhere else is supposed to attract a $15 corkage fee. There will be no spirits unles you are in the grills. See you on board.

I am not sure how you have calculated your entitlement but our recent trip was regarded as one in some respects but was also treated as 3 separate voyages in other ways.

We therefore attended 3 Commodore's cocktail parties and 3 World Club parties but we only received the one bottle of Pol Acker (I know- it was very sad when we realised this :D)

I will potentially get 3 bottles of spirits (2 World Club and 1 Britania Club) although it may be less withthe short duration of the first cruise.

Spirits? :confused: In Britannia? :confused: I've never had anything other than Champagne or Pol Acker (if you get this you won't want to drink it - it's not very nice ;) ) waiting in the cabin for me :(

I suspect that you've been sadly misinformed :(

In QG you get 2 x litre spirits of your choice, plus one bottle of (real) champagne, plus the dreaded PA.

We had a few guests to our room in summer and somebody asked for Bucks Fizz (Momosa). I decided that the "Widow" was too good to mix with orange and therefore managed to dispose of the PA (for the first time).

Can't for the life of me, understand why they persist with the stuff.

Spirits? :confused: In Britannia? :confused: I've never had anything other than Champagne or Pol Acker (if you get this you won't want to drink it - it's not very nice ;) ) waiting in the cabin for me :(

I suspect that you've been sadly misinformed :(

I am currently booked on the 2-day "Taste of France" (Britannia Club) followed by the transatlantic to NY (D2). As a World Club Gold member I will potentially get 3 bottles of spirits (2 World Club and 1 Britania Club) although it may be less with the short duration of the first cruise. I do not drink, but it would be a shame to let all this go to waste. Any suggestions on what I can do with whatever is left in my room? Bring it my table on the TA. Can it be served at the meet and mingle? If so are there fees involved? Any other suggestions?

Roy

I would say more uninformed than misinformed, although I believe (admittedly no expert) in the US most anything containing alcolol is considered spirits. It sounds like it won't be much of a shame if this stuff does go to waste.

Thanks

Archived