Daylight Savings Time Change...

Christine in MO

I just realized that we will be on the Elation when the Daylight Savings Time Change happens....is that a good thing or a bad thing? Will this mess up our private booked excursion time in Cozumel?

No sure if it depends on the Captain but in 2008, we didnt change time until our last sea day, which was the last full day of the cruise.

I just realized that we will be on the Elation when the Daylight Savings Time Change happens....is that a good thing or a bad thing? Will this mess up our private booked excursion time in Cozumel?

Let me throw you another monkey wrench. Mexico and other countries do not switch times the same weekend as the US.

Stay on ships time. Your excursion will be there waiting on you when you get there.

As someone else mentioned, not all ports observe daylight savings time so make sure you know the difference between ship time and port time. All ships probably handle it onboard differently depending on itinerary. When we sailed a few years ago the time change was the night before debarkation. But because we were on a Western itinerary that usually switched time zones at the beginning of the cruise and then back at the end we did the beginning adjustment and then just never switched back to line us up with the correct time once we got back to Florida.

DEFINITELY stay on ship's time! When we sailed on the Liberty, official time change happened on day 2, but the ship didn't switch until day 6 as we worked our way back to Miami

I really hate DST! It's a waste, and my cell phone is the only reliable source that gives me the correct time. In addition, some US states don't even use DST. I don't even bother changing the digital time in my car anymore. I change my wristwatch accordingly, but DST has outrun any benefits it may once have had. I don't even know what the benefits were, but I can remember driving to work at 7 am in total darkness, and driving home at 4 pm in total darkness. I also remember being awakened by blinding sunlight at 5 am during the summer (my off-work time). Who wants that??

I really hate DST! It's a waste, and my cell phone is the only reliable source that gives me the correct time. In addition, some US states don't even use DST. I don't even bother changing the digital time in my car anymore. I change my wristwatch accordingly, but DST has outrun any benefits it may once have had. I don't even know what the benefits were, but I can remember driving to work at 7 am in total darkness, and driving home at 4 pm in total darkness. I also remember being awakened by blinding sunlight at 5 am during the summer (my off-work time). Who wants that??

I agree - wish we'd pick one time and stick to it!!! Just don't rely on that cell on the ship for time. Whatever satellite they sync up to aren't giving the time where you are. Lots of complaints on our last two cruises that the time was something like 6 or 8 hours off on cells onboard.

Archived