Summit Photos from 9/2010

emileg

Glad the new website is working. It's easy to get excited about a cruise. And I'm sure you will have an exciting time, especially at the evening's entertainment. Top notch.

Your pictures show the ship to be in great condition.

What was the entertainment in the theater on the Bermuda run?

Emile's photos are outstanding but the ship is not in excellent condition- if compared to S class or any newer ships...

it is still nice & clean with great service & very good food...& a good Celebrity Experience!, but many areas are in need of updating, replacing & fixing.. they really let it go too long!.

These items won't ruin your cruiseby any means but it is an older ship...our mattress was really shot..along with many other little things!

Opinions may differ but this was our third time on board & we were surprised how quickly it had aged....about the same or a bit more worn than Radiance on Royal C for comparison but fortunately no plumbing issues...

I hate to hear that about the bedding. We just returned from the Solstice, and thought the beds were wonderful! I booked the Summit while onboard. I know it is an older ship, and is not in the Solstice class, but I hope it is comparable. We loved Celebrity and can't see us going on any other line.

Your pictures show the ship to be in great condition.

What was the entertainment in the theater on the Bermuda run?

"Great condition" may be a stretch. Certainly the inside public areas were well maintained. Externally there are patches of rust here and there and the decking on the outdoor promenade needs replacement.

We had three truly excellent production shows on the Bermuda run. Two of those productions included live orchestra. We had the requisite talented magician and comedian. There was a crew show during the day for a change, rather than at 11:30 at night as is on Princess and Holland America.

I would say the entertainment was uniformly top notch. I am usually sensitive to loud sounds. Unlike other lines where the show volume level may be deafening and painful, I would say that the audio on the Summit was at the upper end of tolerable. I did not once have to wear my earplugs. Hats off to the audio engineers on the Summit.

I hate to hear that about the bedding. We just returned from the Solstice, and thought the beds were wonderful! I booked the Summit while onboard. I know it is an older ship, and is not in the Solstice class, but I hope it is comparable. We loved Celebrity and can't see us going on any other line.

Beds on Summit are not new like Solstice (we loved that ship)!-- our attendant did everything he could to firm it up.. now I realize if we had told the hotel diretor or gone up the housekeeping chain of command, we might have gotten a brand new mattress-- so speak up if you get one of the bad ones-- I am sure not all of them were that bad!

"Great condition" may be a stretch. Certainly the inside public areas were well maintained. Externally there are patches of rust here and there and the decking on the outdoor promenade needs replacement.

We had three truly excellent production shows on the Bermuda run. Two of those productions included live orchestra. We had the requisite talented magician and comedian. There was a crew show during the day for a change, rather than at 11:30 at night as is on Princess and Holland America.

I would say the entertainment was uniformly top notch. I am usually sensitive to loud sounds. Unlike other lines where the show volume level may be deafening and painful, I would say that the audio on the Summit was at the upper end of tolerable. I did not once have to wear my earplugs. Hats off to the audio engineers on the Summit.

again--it all depends-- from where we sat, the sound on the first show we attended (the magician ) was so loud that we & several of those sitting near us decided to leave-- we were sitting toward the back near an aisle so I hope it did not disturb anyone when we left--

it was disappointing b/c we had to sit through a very long & loudly called game of bingo before the show-- never saw that before on X! It was not the end of a bingo seesion but part of the evenings activity...

Thank you, Emileg, for sharing your great photos. We will be on the Summit in May....our first time on Celebrity. I noticed that your cabin photo was identified as cabin # 8098. Our cabin is going to be one deck up, #9084 which looks to be almost right above yours. Was that window washing equipment (yikes!) anywhere near your cabin? Do you think it might be in front of ours?

Many thanks,

Kathy

Thank you, Emileg, for sharing your great photos. We will be on the Summit in May....our first time on Celebrity. I noticed that your cabin photo was identified as cabin # 8098. Our cabin is going to be one deck up, #9084 which looks to be almost right above yours. Was that window washing equipment (yikes!) anywhere near your cabin? Do you think it might be in front of ours?

Many thanks,

Kathy

You are certainly welcome. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I imagine window washing equipment would be situated at some corner. There is no corner near your cabin. We didn't see any such equipment. What you might see are some of the diagonal beams that support the resort deck above you. In any case, these supports would not be directly in front of your window, but you would see them if you looked fore and aft. For this reason, I prefer a verandah cabin on a lower deck.

Have a wonderful cruise, Kathy. There are so many good things about a cruise that it is not worth worrying about a possible annoyance.

Many thanks,

Kathy

if you use the search feature you can get the cabins that have the Window washing equip for all the ships..& the current brochures & deck plans now highlight most of the obstructed views!

enjoy your cruise..

Archived