No more 'autotips'

jleq

The RCI ships are not here permanently. Only those here permanently are having the change. Diamond Princess equally stays in USD as it is also only visiting, so it is not a matter of Americans or RCI, but just where it is permanently based.

Similarly, Pacific Sun and Pearl do not switch to NZD for a base currency when they're operating out of NZ.

I was wondering, if you do amytime dining how do you tip, if as you say you tip who and how much you want. I spent 28 days on the Pacific Dawn and not one person I spoke to gave anything to anyone. The ship had come over from princess with a princess crew and and they couldn't wait to leave for princess again. I am booking the Sun for next year. US price $3500. Australian price $5000. I guess thats how you pay for the crew. 2PAX $3000 more.

I was wondering, if you do amytime dining how do you tip, if as you say you tip who and how much you want. I spent 28 days on the Pacific Dawn and not one person I spoke to gave anything to anyone. The ship had come over from princess with a princess crew and and they couldn't wait to leave for princess again. I am booking the Sun for next year. US price $3500. Australian price $5000. I guess thats how you pay for the crew. 2PAX $3000 more.

It is amazing that you didn't find anyone who tipped on the Pacific Dawn. We cruise quite often and see our table companions tip the waiters on the final night. I think, under the 'old' system, the number who didn't tip at all were in the vast minority. Personally, I only know of one person who didn't tip. Many people left the auto tips in place, then tipped extra on top of that (as we always have).

I am happy to hear that. However on our table of 10 the other 8 told us that they removed it and on the last night just got up and left. Hey, it happens on all lines. Usually people like that just don't show up on the last night. I have been around, several hundred days with Princess and several hundred with HAL

That price difference is interesting Jig my agent told me last week that Carnival were going to make the Aussie and US prices almost the same to avoid Aussies booking through the US...that's not my idea of ALMOST!

I am American and my GF is Australian so we have 2 addresses. Princess will not let a foreign address book in the US if they have a GSA in that country or region. They have even denied boarding in some cases. Yes the price is way diferent. We always find it to be so. My GF knew the GSA for HAL in Australia and she would give us both prices and pay in whatever $'s. However she is no longer there and we seem to always book the US prices.

Archived