Ok guys lets hear em..

zincman

Cruisin in the New year on the Jewel with the girlfriend and Im looking to hear some of the Little secrets and must do's and see's. I Really want to make it special.. I know Im being pretty vauge but I wanna hear alot of opinions..Thanks all..

Cruisin in the New year on the Jewel with the girlfriend and Im looking to hear some of the Little secrets and must do's and see's. I Really want to make it special.. I know Im being pretty vauge but I wanna hear alot of opinions..Thanks all..

About the cruise?

Some people like the little karaoke rooms.

Lots of fun. Couples massage.

The little karaoke rooms are quite a trip. They are in a bar called the fizz lounge. You'll have public karaoke in the lounge proper. Also, I'm with DMH, highly recommend the couples massage. MMMMM mental note.....

The jewel is the first ship that was built specifically FOR freestyle. The Star and the Dawn, the two Libre Class ships, were technically the First freestyle ships, but they were built for Star Cruises in Thailand and then re-tasked for NCL. The Jewel was built for NCL with the Libres in mind, and with the Freestyle concept at heart. The result was everything that was great about the Dawn and the Star, with the touches that still ring true with the latest and last Jewel Class, the Norwegian Gem.

The Great Outdoors: It's like a backyard barbecue right on the ship. It's a rear-facing outdoor included buffet that truly leaves you awestruck. The amount of water that the ship displaces is amazing.

Teppanyaki: This is one of the eight cover-charge restaurants on board. It's a hibachi restaurant that is not to be missed! The best fried rice you'll ever have! Order the Seafood Diablo with a side of filet mignon.

Pack a bathingsuit in your carry-on luggage. Change the minute you get on board and be the first in the hot tubs.

When you leave NY, you pass the Statue of Liberty almost immediately. After that, go to the front of the ship on Deck 14. Wait about 15 minutes and the ship goes under the Verrazano Bridge. It looks like the ship clears by about an inch and a half. So cool.

Enjoy your cruise! Let me know if I can tell you anything specific.

And I thank you:

JWK: Jewel Fan!

New Year's Eve on a cruise ship is amazing. I have not been on the Jewel, however, I was on her sister ship, the Gem this past New Year's and it was fantastic. There are parties all over the ship, chamgagne, noisemaker's and hats for all. All I can say, is a cruise ship is the place to be when counting down to the New Year! Have a great time! :)

New Year's Eve on a cruise ship is amazing. I have not been on the Jewel, however, I was on her sister ship, the Gem this past New Year's and it was fantastic. There are parties all over the ship, chamgagne, noisemaker's and hats for all. All I can say, is a cruise ship is the place to be when counting down to the New Year! Have a great time! :)

Unless it's the SS Poseiden!:eek:

Sorry, I couldn't resist the bait!:D

Consider the Honeymoon / Anniversary package.....Champagne and Strawberries in the room upon embarkation, Champagne and cake party, 1 Free picture, Supper at le Bistro including 1 bottle of wine.....it can change occassionally bit you can find the details on the NCL site.

We did a NYE in Hawaii, and it was pretty tame. Then again, the whole cruise was like that, so I think it was an aberration.

However, for the best party on NYE, ask various cruise staff (such as asst CDs, dancers & entertainers, kids counselors) where they are going to "hang out" to bring in the new year. That was the BEST party on ship!

Archived