Why bother to label the hot tubs "adults only"?

~earthmama~

we should tar and feather these horrible childrent, shouldn't we? :eek::eek::eek:

So what is your point?? Maybe we should tar and feather the horrible parents >??

I don't see the reasoning behind a post like yours

no one suggested doing anything to the kids other than calling security or staff and having them told to GET OUT

are YOU suggesting that kids be allowed in the Serenity area? Or do you allow YOUR kids to go there?

can you please explain the point and reason of your post? cause otherwise I just don't get it???:confused:

That's actually a great question. I don't have the answer but the kids in question in my case were approx 8 and under.

I believe that any of the hot tubs I have ever been in state not for children 12 & under due to health reasons (along with pregnant and heart problem patients). 8 year olds would be totally unacceptable whether it was adult only or not IMHO

Well...we are NOT talking about the other hot tubs here...

they have some "lukewarm tubs" by the main pool that kids are in all the time and that is allowed

we are talking about the "adults only over 21" Serenity area

that is promoted, sold and advertised as such

there is a big difference here..

an 8 year old is no where near 21....

let's leave the other hot tubs out of it...let's just talk Serenity

of course it would help if the OP came back and stated specific example

Now...Earthmama gave some specific and disturbing examples

I don't have a problem with kids in the main hot tubs but for someone to say "they are with me" and try to allow their kids in the Serenity Hot Tubs?? that is wrong

and yeah I would complain and keep complaining

Well...we are NOT talking about the other hot tubs here... Umm, no one said this was just about serenity, the OP states even the serenity area

they have some "lukewarm tubs" by the main pool that kids are in all the time and that is allowed that's what I was asking

we are talking about the "adults only over 21" Serenity area

that is promoted, sold and advertised as such I understand that Serenity is over 21, see my first response

there is a big difference here..

an 8 year old is no where near 21.... who said there was?

let's leave the other hot tubs out of it...let's just talk Serenity why?, it was an "adult hot tub discussion" not a Serenity only hot tub discussion

Quite the tone to take when all I did was ask a simple question!

DO you have ANYTHING to offer or did you just post to be rude? :confused:

I was curious - your original post offered no details. It is unfortunate that this was your experience.

Rather than saying something to the parents directly - it is obvious they don't care about rules - I would opt to speak with Carnival staff - if the employees on deck are unwilling to address the problem - ask for the boss - and keep going up the ladder until someone does something.

When we were on the Freedom last year the staff was VERY good at keeping the kids out of the serenity area.

I was curious - your original post offered no details. It is unfortunate that this was your experience.

Rather than saying something to the parents directly - it is obvious they don't care about rules - I would opt to speak with Carnival staff - if the employees on deck are unwilling to address the problem - ask for the boss - and keep going up the ladder until someone does something.

When we were on the Freedom last year the staff was VERY good at keeping the kids out of the serenity area.

I gotta ask ... why should anyone have to spend their vacation "going up the ladder"? I agree with the OP, CCL should enforce this better. But I can tell you this much, I'm not spending more than half an hour chasing after their staff to make them do their job.

That can wait until I'm home and extra-surly because I'm post-cruise.

I gotta ask ... why should anyone have to spend their vacation "going up the ladder"? I agree with the OP, CCL should enforce this better. But I can tell you this much, I'm not spending more than half an hour chasing after their staff to make them do their job.

Let alone when you try and talk to many of the staff you're met with a blank stare and open mouth.

We were on .the Victory a couple of weeks ago and their aft pool as well as the hot tubs are marked "adults only". Most of the other ships don't have the aft pool as "adults only" but this one was. A lady brought her baby into the pool and she looked to be only a few months old. It didn't look like she was wearing swim diapers but just regular diapers, not that that would have made a difference since swim diapers are not allowed anywhere anyway. There was no one around to talk to so we called Guest Services and explained the situation and they said they would send someone. About 10 minutes later the lady and baby left and we left too but no one came during that time and I don't know if anyone ever checked it out.

Just to clarify the covered Hot Tub on the pool deck was marked adults only too. Very clearly. Not sure about the other on the pool deck. We (and others) DID mention it to staff several times but I can't say I was overly impressed with the staff on the Fantasy compared to other ships. Many of them just did not seem to care AT ALL. Not one ever asked the kids to leave the hot tubs even in the serenity area. Many had a very "what do you want ME to do about it" attitude.

The covered hot tub ALWAYS had kids, even toddlers in it.

You know I never saw the "no swim diapers" sign anywhere but I did know it was a rule and why so I kept DS out of the pool.

Just to clarify the covered Hot Tub on the pool deck was marked adults only too. Very clearly. Not sure about the other on the pool deck. We (and others) DID mention it to staff several times but I can't say I was overly impressed with the staff on the Fantasy compared to other ships. Many of them just did not seem to care AT ALL. Not one ever asked the kids to leave the hot tubs even in the serenity area. Many had a very "what do you want ME to do about it" attitude.

The covered hot tub ALWAYS had kids, even toddlers in it.

You know I never saw the "no swim diapers" sign anywhere but I did know it was a rule and why so I kept DS out of the pool.

Thanks, that why I asked, I was pretty sure the hot tubs in the very aft of the ship were marked Adult only - as was the pool I believe. I would not allow my kids in the serenity area but was just wondering what was considered "adult" for the other hot tubs. On the Glory, the staff did an excellent job of keeping the wee young'uns out, the teens seemed to be overlooked as long as they were quiet though

I am not suggesting that one should make their life's work enforcing the rules on a cruise ship but if a situation arises that diminishes my enjoyment and it is not allowed then I would take the appropriate action to resolve the situation.

I have always had terrific responses from Carnival employees - never a blank look - any issue has been addressed right away. YMMV

Not a Carnival cheerleader - but I am really surprised when I read some people's accounts of their interaction with CCL employees. I can't even imagine asking one for help with something and being met with nothing but a "blank stare" - really? no reply they just ignore you and walk away?

How would the higher ups no the lower downs aren't enforcing it better if you don't take the complaint up the ladder?

Just sayin'

Some people didn't drink their coffee this morning yet lol

When it comes to the pool issue, me personally I would say something but my DW is one of those that is a "mind your own business" kind of person. But if the kids are bothering us and we are trying to relax, we get up and go. But if it were up to me, I would be simple, polite and to the point. "I'm sorry to bother you, but this area is 18 and over and you're children aren't allowed in here." If they respond to me with what they said to you OP about I paid for them yadda yadda. I would tell them, "well I paid for the same services you did too and if you want your kids in a hot tub, take them down to the pool. I'm in this area to relax and get away from YOUR kids." LOL

And then walk away and leave them with a face a shock.

we should tar and feather these horrible childrent, shouldn't we? :eek::eek::eek:

That's obviously not the OP's point so don't get all bent out of shape.

I agree that if the rules are no kids in the tub or serenity, the employees should keep them away. I would contend if a 30 something or whatever would hang out around the kids area, security would probably be called......

I have had kids booted from the Serenity area before. Last August I did a solo cruise on Imagination. I found my favorite thing to do was head out to the Serenity deck at night with a good book. I would periodically hit the hot tub as well. One night I went out there and there was a whole hot tub of kids. The other hot tub had a few couples in it and was pretty much full. I simply walked up the stairs to the bar in the buffet area and informed the bartender that there was a bunch of kids out there. She told me she would take care of it.

A minute or two later a guard came down and booted the kids off the deck. It turns out that the parents of some of the kids were standing at the railing. A couple of them came over to me saying "Thanks a lot Mr. Now we are being separated from our parents!" These were kids that were around 11-13 and were being very sarcastic. They kept yelling "Sorry we have to leave you Mommy! This man is making us!" I just told them to have a nice night. The parents never said anything to me (which was a good thing). I will add that the kids very much knew that they were not supposed to be there.

Fast forward a year later on the same ship, etc. I went back out to the Serenity Deck to read every night. A couple of nights a group of kids came out there, but they were just sitting in the chairs talking amongst themselves. They were well behaved, etc so it didn't bother me in the least. I knew they were not supposed to be there, but I certainly wasn't going to make an issue of it this time.

I don't know. I find that by age 8, kids are generally good enough readers to make out a sign that says "Adults Only". Not saying they're the best decision makers though. :p;)

That is why we only cruise during the school year. There are only all " A " students on these cruises and they CAN read the signs...

On my last Carnival cruise (Liberty 2008), there were kids swimming in the hot tub and one of them nailed me in the ankle. This was pre-Serenity days. But that was my last Carnival cruise and one of the reasons we started going on another line. We are trying the Magic Med itinerary with our kids. But we went with a spa cabin and there is only one at sea day. Of course, the price is right as well. Our kids had a great time on Carnival. But I am hoping that, between the serenity area and the adults only hot tubs, that I will be able to deal better.

How would the higher ups no the lower downs aren't enforcing it better if you don't take the complaint up the ladder?

Just sayin'

No, I get that. But there's definitely a point of diminishing return when it comes to this stuff. I can spend three hours complaining to various employees about the problem, or I can go do something that doesn't aggravate me.

That's why I also look for a deck captain and don't waste my time grabbing the first CCL personal that walks by if I have a complaint.

Maybe the only answer is to make the adults only Serenity deck more, well, adult oriented! How about clothing optional? I wouldn't dare let any child I raised hop into a hot tub full of nekkid adults!

Short of that, I guess the only other way to get rid of the little rascals is to ask the parents if it is OK for them (the kids) to sit on your lap while in the tub? Or maybe use adult-only style vulgar language until the parents decide that it is not an acceptable place to drop off their kids?

Actually, it doesn't sound like the problem was the offspring - it was the parents. You can't fix broken, but sadly it can be propagated.:mad:

Short of that, I guess the only other way to get rid of the little rascals is to ask the parents if it is OK for them (the kids) to sit on your lap while in the tub? Or maybe use adult-only style vulgar language until the parents decide that it is not an acceptable place to drop off their kids?

DryCreek, you crack me up. ;)

Personally, I don’t get some people. Rules are rules, plain and simple. Everyone has them so why do you feel entitled and that you don’t have to abide by them. What is sadder is that these children get the pleasure of having these same parents, who feel they do not have to respect rules, as role models. It really is a shame. I am very strict with my kids when it comes to adult only areas. They do not run around unsupervised (they are older) but if they have to go from point a to point b you better believe they respect those “adult only” signs. Even as teens I do not allow my kids to swim in the pool without adult supervision but when they want to use the pool or hot tub we go to the designated family areas.

What is the point of this thread??? OP - did you have a specific problem with this happening or was there not enough contention on CC this morning???:confused:

It's the drunk children who order from Bon Voyage and pass out in bathrooms and don't have their passports who are the problem. ;)

Archived