Kids in Adult Areas . . .

THEWIFE

How do you deal with kids in adult-designated areas, such as the solarium, hot tubs, etc.? Do you say something to the child directly, speak to the parent, or approach a pool steward (if you can even find one).

Please, I once got involved in a similar discussion on the regular section of Cruise Critic, and do not care to get my head bitten off once more!!! I am not a child-hater, but I do enjoy my vacations away from children (I worked with them for years). The reason I enjoy adult only areas of the ship is because I want to be with adults only.

Do you also get annoyed when youngsters pop themselves into the hot tubs when you have finally found a nice, quiet place for yourself?:confused:

The wife,

I am not a child hater either, but I admit to vacationing when there would be less children. I like to travel after school vacations and for longer times (10 days plus)because less parents want to take their children out of school for that long.

I would think that you would do better by either talking to the parent or finding an attendant because there is less chance of the message being misunderstood. Some children may not realize that they have wandered into an Adult Only area, too.

If there's no pool attendant, simply point out the sign to the offending parent....there are signs saying 'no kids" or something like that! That's worked for us when a man was trying to bring his toddler into the adult pool....we just said, "Sorry, this area is for adults only"...he took his kid and left!

You can start by booking a cruise with a line that has the reputation for catering to an older clientele. Last year when we took the HAL Westerdam to the Eastern Caribbean we saw very few children. Of the few that we saw, we never saw one at the adults only pool at the aft portion of the Lido Deck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

< Joke> As a slightly less PC method to keep kids away. Since it is an adult pool, go topless!. The parents will be appalled and have to explain to the kids why "that Lady" doesn't have a bathing suit top.

Parents will quickly remove the kids.

:)

< Joke> As a slightly less PC method to keep kids away. Since it is an adult pool, go topless!. The parents will be appalled and have to explain to the kids why "that Lady" doesn't have a bathing suit top.

Parents will quickly remove the kids.

:)

Only works "if" the parents are with the kids. The kids will just giggle, stay and might even take photographs with their cell phones to place on You-Tube. Especially if they are young boys.

I suggest, like others have, you find a pool attendant or use a phone and call down to the Purser's Desk and have them to send someone.

Archived