Conquest or Voyager of the Seas

Txpeacekeeper

Wife and I are planning our 2nd cruise possibly in March or April 2011 out of Galveston with either Carnival Conquest to Eastern Caribbean or with Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas to Western Caribbean and can't decide which ship to go with. Heard good things about both ships. Already sailed earlier this month with Carnival Ecstasy to Cozumel and enjoyed it tremendously. Would appreciate any opinions on better ship/cruise, Conquest or Voyager.

Wife and I are planning our 2nd cruise possibly in March or April 2011 out of Galveston with either Carnival Conquest to Eastern Caribbean(Nassau,Freeport and Key West) or with Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas to Western Caribbean(Cozumel,Grand Cayman & Jamaica or Roatan,Belize,& Cozumel) and can't decide which ship to go with. Heard good things about both ships. Already sailed earlier this month with Carnival Ecstasy to Cozumel and enjoyed it tremendously. Would appreciate any opinions on better ship/cruise, Conquest or Voyager?.

Iv done all the ships out of Galveston, and if the prices are close, Id pick Voyager, hands down, its a more wow ship.

Voyager does Belize and Roatan that Conquest doesnt do. Conquest more boring western itinerary. Conquest not a bad ship, just doesnt come close to measuring up to Voyager.

I would do the Voyager in a heartbeat! I may be a little biased since it was the ship that got me addicted to cruising, but like firefly said, it's more of a wow ship. I love the voyager class ships. I haven't done the Conquest yet, but I will someday. ;) As far as ports, we did Roatan and Belize on the Carnival Legend and loved them. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous cruise either way! If only these were our hardest decisions in life. :)

I would pick Voyager definitely! There was much more to do, the service was much better and it serves a higher clientele. We were on Voyager of the Seas in December 2009, it was our first Royal Caribbean cruise and we loved it! (We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica) it was a nice itinerary, although we have never liked Jamaica. This past July (2010) we went on the Conquest for the 2nd time to Nassau, Freeport, and Key West. We really enjoyed Key West and would go back, but we did not care to revisit Nassau or Freeport.

We will be cruising on Mariner of the Seas November 2011 to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. We love Cozumel and Roatan has amazing snorkeling, we have not yet been to Belize though.

The Carnival Conquest was nice, but after going on Royal Caribbean and back, there was something missing. We will always cruise with Royal now, the Royal Promenade is fantastic, the entertainment is superb and the features are unmatched by any other cruise line! Whichever you choose though you will have fun on!

Thanks for all the suggestions & opinions. Majority voted Voyager hands down over Conquest. Will most likely be going with Voyager of the Seas due to the fact that our daughter and 18 month old granddaughter will be traveling with us and RCI has activities setup for babies and tots whereas Carnival does not. Besides, from all the pics I have seen, Voyager looks to be an awesome experience. Now just have to decide on ports of call.

Archived