Just back from Garden Villa on Jewel

chellebells

I will be posting a detailed review in the next day or two, however I just wanted to see if anyone has any specific questions that I may be able to help with. I know when I was researching prior to my cruise I found so many great pics and threads on Garden Villas but not very many were from the Jewel.

I cannot say enough about the crew on this ship as they truly made sure this was a vacation of a lifetime. Everything one has heard about the infamous John O'Hara is true and if possible he even trumps his own reputation. At our Cruise Critic meeting no matter what someone asked for he made a phone call and made it happen. I also want to acknowledge our Concierge John D'Souza, Butler Antonio Jabol, Courtyard Butler Rodney, and Room Steward Abner (you all may know him by his alias "Stewart") LOL. Each of these individuals went so far above and beyond anything that I could have anticipated that I never had to ask for anything to make my trip more enjoyable as they all seemed to read my mind and have everthing at my fingertips before I realized I even wanted it. :)

I know all the room stewards love making the towel animals for the guests in the evenings....Abner went a step beyond and made me a date. :eek:

16968044_GardenVillaSet2081.jpg.fe1c09b4c73e463d572c4687701514d5.jpg

Welcome back and glad you had a nice time. Would you say that the Garden Villa experience was worth the price even though VERY expensive? We thought it was a great value and although at the time we said it would be a one time adventure...I think we'll be doing it again. :) Again, glad you memories for a lifetime. John D'Souza was our butler on Star...he was priceless...looks like he's moved up in the world! We'll definately have to book on Jewel now!

Welcome back and glad you had a nice time. Would you say that the Garden Villa experience was worth the price even though VERY expensive? We thought it was a great value and although at the time we said it would be a one time adventure...I think we'll be doing it again. :) Again, glad you memories for a lifetime. John D'Souza was our butler on Star...he was priceless...looks like he's moved up in the world! We'll definately have to book on Jewel now!

YES, YES and YES very much worth the price (thanks Mom for my cruise)!!!!!! We too say it was a once in a lifetime experience but as you have said I think we will be doing it again. I have a link attached that shows some pictures of the room but there is no way that they do it justice.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578686627bPPUXN

I am sure it was amazing! We booked a Courtyard Villa on the Jewel and we are hoping we won't be disappointed. Did you get to hear anyone's experience in a CYV? We just could not afford the Garden Villa and are hoping for the best. Final payment is in 2 days for us and we are hoping we made the right decision choosing the Jewel and the A3 Courtyard. Any opinion?

I am sure it was amazing! We booked a Courtyard Villa on the Jewel and we are hoping we won't be disappointed. Did you get to hear anyone's experience in a CYV? We just could not afford the Garden Villa and are hoping for the best. Final payment is in 2 days for us and we are hoping we made the right decision choosing the Jewel and the A3 Courtyard. Any opinion?

The last day our room steward was kind enough to let us check out an A3 after the people disembarked. It's usually myself and my parents that travel together and this room will be perfect for us in the future. It is one bedroom with a phenomenal bathroom, a child's bedroom that they say can sleep three being two on the pull out sofa and a pullman bunk over head and then a standard bathroom. IMHO, the second bedroom is good for one adult or three little kids and perhaps maybe two tweens. The livingroom sofa also makes into a bed. The balcony was a bit small but remember you have the courtyard right outside your door plus the private sundeck right above.

I am sure as long as you do not try to get 5 or 6 adults in there you will absolutely LOVE this room along with the suite perks.

Those of you have sailed in a A3, here's what we are contemplating. Three adult women in the A3. I will take the master, my mom the kids room and bath and my cuz on the sofa sharing the master bath. My mom is fine with this since I am extremely claustrophobic and she only takes showers the small bath looks fine. She can have privacy, since she likes to nap every day, I believe I remember seeing a door that closes off her area. We have seen the A3 when friends entertained, but would like opinions on those who have actually sailed in it.

Last time we sailedwith my cuz my mom and I were in a AC and my cuz in a regular cabin. It would be nice for all of us to have the perks... And I will offer to pay a larger share, since I get the plush sleeping area.

Not sure which ship yet, looking at 2011.

Thanks.

Chellebells --So wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the Garden Villa. We were in the GV on the Jade last year and it was truly the trip of a lifetime, as well. The accommodations and level of service were amazing. As my TA put it (she has also sailed in the GV several times) "...the only bad thing is that you're spoiled for life..." :D. Fortunately, I still love cruising in any cabin, but it's a magnificent memory!

Chellebells --So wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the Garden Villa. We were in the GV on the Jade last year and it was truly the trip of a lifetime, as well. The accommodations and level of service were amazing. As my TA put it (she has also sailed in the GV several times) "...the only bad thing is that you're spoiled for life..." :D. Fortunately, I still love cruising in any cabin, but it's a magnificent memory!

I am so glad to hear that you do still enjoy any cabin because I was a little concerned about that. "What, no jacuzzi on my balcony??" LOL, but my next NCL cruise will be in an A3 so I guess I can manage to walk across the hall for the jacuzzi...

Seriously though the room was spectacular but I am sure it was the crew that made it so enjoyable as well. We have exchanged email addresses with our butler so we will be able to make sure whether to book port or starboard when the time comes. :)

Those of you have sailed in a A3, here's what we are contemplating. Three adult women in the A3. I will take the master, my mom the kids room and bath and my cuz on the sofa sharing the master bath. My mom is fine with this since I am extremely claustrophobic and she only takes showers the small bath looks fine. She can have privacy, since she likes to nap every day, I believe I remember seeing a door that closes off her area. We have seen the A3 when friends entertained, but would like opinions on those who have actually sailed in it.

Last time we sailedwith my cuz my mom and I were in a AC and my cuz in a regular cabin. It would be nice for all of us to have the perks... And I will offer to pay a larger share, since I get the plush sleeping area.

Not sure which ship yet, looking at 2011.

Thanks.

Hi Donna,

The A3 would be fine for three women and yes, the smaller bedroom has a door when you first enter the suite that separates the bath, small bedroom and closet area from the rest of the suite.

Doug

so I am guessing it will be perfect.

If you've never experienced the CY...I think your right...perfect is the right word choice. I've no cruises booked :( . I read about everyone else's though so that does help during this dry spell. The GV experience is true perfection (can't imagine any experience on ANY cruise line being better), but I imagine the CYV are a close second.

If you've never experienced the CY...I think your right...perfect is the right word choice. I've no cruises booked :( . I read about everyone else's though so that does help during this dry spell. The GV experience is true perfection (can't imagine any experience on ANY cruise line being better), but I imagine the CYV are a close second.

I think you are right!! Thanks

The last day our room steward was kind enough to let us check out an A3 after the people disembarked. It's usually myself and my parents that travel together and this room will be perfect for us in the future. It is one bedroom with a phenomenal bathroom, a child's bedroom that they say can sleep three being two on the pull out sofa and a pullman bunk over head and then a standard bathroom. IMHO, the second bedroom is good for one adult or three little kids and perhaps maybe two tweens. The livingroom sofa also makes into a bed. The balcony was a bit small but remember you have the courtyard right outside your door plus the private sundeck right above.

I am sure as long as you do not try to get 5 or 6 adults in there you will absolutely LOVE this room along with the suite perks.

Was the private sundeck crowded? We are on the 10 day out of NY in January so it is a long time for us leaving a cold climate to go to the warm caribbean. We have never done NCL this is all very new to us.

Was the private sundeck crowded? We are on the 10 day out of NY in January so it is a long time for us leaving a cold climate to go to the warm caribbean. We have never done NCL this is all very new to us.

The private sundeck area up on the top is never crowded, especially when the ship is at sea. It gets a little windy up there and not a lot of people hang out up there. In the private pool area that is on the same level as the Villa rooms does fill up with the loungers and chairs and all that during the day. Hope that helps. :)

The A3 will be my husband and I and 27 year old daughter so I am guessing it will be perfect. Thanks for info!

If you're giving your daughter the separate room off by itself then you all should do pretty good. The separate room is right to the left (or right) as you walk in the door and the master bedroom is in further and around the corner after the living area. It's quite a nice setup.

The private upper sundeck is perfect for cruising out of NY as the view of the Statue of Liberty, New York skyline and the Verrazano (sp) Bridge is awesome...windy but awesome. :)

And yes for you, your husband and daughter the A3 will be the perfect room and size. The butler will have you so spoiled by the end of your trip just let him know what you like and he will make sure it is there. We always had fresh coffee, fruit and danish in the room by 7 am and never asked for it. I figured he brought it the first morning and when we ate it all he figured it was a safe bet and continued bringing it daily. We also had pound cake, pretzel rolls and other snacks every day around 4 pm.

The private upper sundeck is perfect for cruising out of NY as the view of the Statue of Liberty, New York skyline and the Verrazano (sp) Bridge is awesome...windy but awesome. :)

And yes for you, your husband and daughter the A3 will be the perfect room and size. The butler will have you so spoiled by the end of your trip just let him know what you like and he will make sure it is there. We always had fresh coffee, fruit and danish in the room by 7 am and never asked for it. I figured he brought it the first morning and when we ate it all he figured it was a safe bet and continued bringing it daily. We also had pound cake, pretzel rolls and other snacks every day around 4 pm.

I am getting more and more excited about this trip! The problem is what do I do when it is over??

Ha ha.. do what I do... book another cruise and keep on going!! :D:o:D

Exactly...we put down a deposit while still on board and it's a great deal as we received a $100 OBC for doing it and have 4 years to use it. Of course it will be used waaaaay before then. :D

Exactly...we put down a deposit while still on board and it's a great deal as we received a $100 OBC for doing it and have 4 years to use it. Of course it will be used waaaaay before then. :D

The future cruise rewards program I love... never know when I'll be cruising but with it sooner rather than later it's a great deal! Combine it with the NCL credit card points and well... working myself up to a free cruise after this one or at least hoping for it. :D

The future cruise rewards program I love... never know when I'll be cruising but with it sooner rather than later it's a great deal! Combine it with the NCL credit card points and well... working myself up to a free cruise after this one or at least hoping for it. :D

When is your next cruise??

Archived