Island Princess in Vancouver

Posaune

Her scheduled departure is 1600 this afternoon. I just checked the Vancouver harbour web cam and she must be sitting on the west side of Canada Place hidden by the sails. This is a bit unusual as ordinarily Princess ships use the east side of the pier. In any event we watched the Norwegian Star sail by us last evening all lit up and now with the Island leaving this afternoon, the 2010 cruise season comes to a close in Vancouver.:(:(

From the viewpoint on the cruise-cam she must be on the west side. That must be one expensive time in port, but I guess there are a lot of materials to be loaded on after the dry-dock. We had a fantastic cruise on her about five weeks ago.....wish we could join you tomorrow!

island_bridge.jpg

image.php?u=aHR0cDovL3d3dzEudmFuY291dmVyLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvbnN3ZWJjYW0uanBn&m=460

From the shot from the Bridge Cam, her bow is lined up facing the foot of Burrard Street. That being the case, she is indeed in the southerly of the two west side berths at Canada Place. Had she been on the east side her bow cam would have been facing north looking across to the North Shore as Princess vessels generally dock bow out (north) for departure.

Ciao for now!!!

Thanks Colo Cruiser for posting the web cam shots. Can't wait till we are aboard her in Jan.'11!:)

We are sailing on her for the same Panama Canal cruise that you are. We are very exicted! Have you joined the roll call? It hasn't been real active. Maybe it will pick up soon.

My error, my eyes slipped as I was looking at the port sked, she arrives at Canada Place at 1900 today (which is probably why I couldn't and still can't see in the harbour web cam) and leaves tomorrow at 1600. However why on the ships cam does she show in Vancouver and it looks like two different days in Vancouver?:o:o:o

My error, my eyes slipped as I was looking at the port sked, she arrives at Canada Place at 1900 today (which is probably why I couldn't and still can't see in the harbour web cam) and leaves tomorrow at 1600. However why on the ships cam does she show in Vancouver and it looks like two different days in Vancouver?:o:o:o

she actually arrive in Vancouver either Friday or saturday and sails on Monday, they must be doing some work here on her. I know the schedule showed her arriving today but she arrived early and thankfully there was a parking spot for her.... kind of like going to the mall at Christmas :D

she actually arrive in Vancouver either Friday or saturday and sails on Monday, they must be doing some work here on her. I know the schedule showed her arriving today but she arrived early and thankfully there was a parking spot for her.... kind of like going to the mall at Christmas :D

That is obviously what happened. The work they needed to do in the Esquimalt Graving Dock must have finished up earlier then scheduled and its cheaper to be tied up at Canada Place then be sitting high and dry in dry-dock. It would seen that the crews in Victoria have become very skilled at turning these ships around which should bode well for them in getting more business in the future.

Yes she has been at Canada Place since yesterday morning. ;)

Her scheduled departure is 1600 this afternoon. I just checked the Vancouver harbour web cam and she must be sitting on the west side of Canada Place hidden by the sails. This is a bit unusual as ordinarily Princess ships use the east side of the pier. In any event we watched the Norwegian Star sail by us last evening all lit up and now with the Island leaving this afternoon, the 2010 cruise season comes to a close in Vancouver.:(:(

Hey Putterdude - time to return to the desert - had a nice big thunder-

storm this morning with alot of rain over the entire area and it is

supposed to drop into the double digits this week. So, it is safe for

you to return.

Welcome back !!

Cindy

P.S. My niece and hubby live in San Jose and are doing the little

2 day coastal thing back to SFO tomorrow. This is their very first

cruise - so it will probably not be their last. Both just turned 40.

Hey Putterdude - time to return to the desert - had a nice big thunder-

storm this morning with alot of rain over the entire area and it is

supposed to drop into the double digits this week. So, it is safe for

you to return.

Welcome back !!

Thanks, we are leaving here on the 25th so expect to be in the Fort by the 27th...have my golf cart all shined up for then...please.;)

I am going on the Island tomorrow. Have been down to the pier a couple times today. My motel is close. Looks like she had a new paint job, and MUTS is in place. The picture looks good to me (I think they had ESPN on), and I could even hear the sound from the pier. She has been in port since at least Saturday, as I saw her Saturday morning.

Archived