Space bags and TSA

jenms2000

posted this on another board and didn't get any answers. has anyone used the space bags when flying? did TSA open them or just xray each individual bag? i'll be taking a scale too to be sure not to go over the weight limit.:)

posted this on another board and didn't get any answers. has anyone used the space bags when flying? did TSA open them or just xray each individual bag? i'll be taking a scale too to be sure not to go over the weight limit.:)

I've been using them for years, and never had a problem using in carry on or checked luggage. Just be sure everything in space bag is compliant.

Also be prepared to open it if they ask. The xray goes right thru so should not be a problem. Love them-saves space and if rain and suitcase left out waiting to be brought in from plane, or sitting in a cruise luggage bin clothes stay dry, or worse prevention from a cosmetic blow-up I know I can protect clothes.

Just be sure to get the zip, and squish air out style not the vacuum kind!

also on Amazon found a great digital luggage scale made by Taylor. Although have seen lately at Bed,Bath & Beyon too.

Archived