How Do Ya'll Carry On Soda?

globe9

Was thinking of bringing a 12 pack of soda onboard the Triumph this December and was wondering how everyone brings their soda/water/etc. onboard?

I know it has to be carried on now. So is everyone just walking around carrying 12 packs or cases of soda around on deck until the rooms are ready? I plan on checking my main luggage and bringing on a carry-on, but there's no way a fridge pack or case is gonna fit in my carry-on.

Just curious as to how I should do this. Thanks!

We take and put all our Carry on stuff into the bigger suitcase once we get off the plane. and we pack the soda into the carry on.

We use the biggest carry on with wheels that the airlines allow.

I packed a 12 pack of cans of Pepsi and 6 24 oz plastic bottles of Root beer (For Root beer floats) and still had room for other stuff in the carry on.

Not to mention the smaller carry on that just hangs right over the pull handle of the one with wheels

pretty easy to maneuver while waiting for your room.

Let me also say, I pack those 12 cans for my DH, who can't, or should I saw couldn't live with out his soda

we gave 3 away to a friends child, and the rest we left for our room steward, as he drank ZERO cans...

On another cruise in 08, a girls cruise, no DH, we packed a 12 pack for my daughter, same thing happened, kind of, I think she drank 4 of them LOL

Was thinking of bringing a 12 pack of soda onboard the Triumph this December and was wondering how everyone brings their soda/water/etc. onboard?

I know it has to be carried on now. So is everyone just walking around carrying 12 packs or cases of soda around on deck until the rooms are ready? I plan on checking my main luggage and bringing on a carry-on, but there's no way a fridge pack or case is gonna fit in my carry-on.

I wanted to test the new "stricter" rules for sodas on the Fascination, 15 days ago.

I brought five 8 packs of soda on a rolling cart as a carryon for two of us.

(went through security without a second look)

Then I packed a small suitcase with three more 8 packs and checked them, just to see what would happen. (nothing else in there, just sodas)

Got the suitcase delivered to our cabin by 2PM with the sodas still inside.

The suitcase had been opened and a note was left that they had opened our suitcase and everything was fine.....

So it is not as bad as everybody else is reporting.

Bill

I took a duffle bag with 2 12 packs of soda, 1 6 pack of 20 oz soda and 6 bottles of water. The porter told us it would not be a problem and took the bag. It arrived later on with a note from Carnival that they checked it and all was OK and all soda was accounted for. The 12 packs had been opened though. This was the only bag I did not use wire ties to lock the zippers on. This was the last week in July of this year.

GuesstheytookthenameCheerwineliterally.jpg

I bought a rolling carry-on size bag in Target because I couldn't imagine lugging soda and water around the ship waiting for our cabin to be ready. It worked just fine. I repacked the things that were in the carry-on in a folding canvas bag I had in my large suitcase and checked it.

We already have a soft sided cooler so I really don't want to buy another one just to get one on wheels.

I think I'll buy a few 12 packs and bungie them onto my wheeled luggage carrier thing. I really dont want to have to carry them in my arms.

I wanted to test the new "stricter" rules for sodas on the Fascination, 15 days ago.

I brought five 8 packs of soda on a rolling cart as a carryon for two of us.

(went through security without a second look)

Then I packed a small suitcase with three more 8 packs and checked them, just to see what would happen. (nothing else in there, just sodas)

Got the suitcase delivered to our cabin by 2PM with the sodas still inside.

The suitcase had been opened and a note was left that they had opened our suitcase and everything was fine.....

So it is not as bad as everybody else is reporting.

Bill

Glad you made it on board with everything. Just curious: I know 6 packs, I know 12 packs, I know 24 packs and even 30 packs (and there are 18 packs of beer too!) but I have NEVER heard of an 8 pack! :eek::confused:

Just got off the Dream 9/25-10/2 cruise. I had a carry on packed with a 12 pack of Coke and a 12 pack of water and also had beach towels to fill in the spaces. Went to unpack the car and give the BIG suitcases to the porters had the 2 carryons in the back seat of car. the porter kept wanting to help with those 2 bags too. I said no one had the meds in and the other had the cokes in he said he would check the cokes in with the rest. I am like but it says you can;t anymore. He checked it in and it was the first one to arrive at the cabin door unopened!! I love Port Carnaveral such a nice port and nice porters!!

Glad you made it on board with everything. Just curious: I know 6 packs, I know 12 packs, I know 24 packs and even 30 packs (and there are 18 packs of beer too!) but I have NEVER heard of an 8 pack! :eek::confused:

they now have 8 packs that are 12 oz plastic bottles, perfect for someone that drinks one soda per day.

I bought the 20 oz. bottles and just packed them in and around my carry on bag. I drink Diet Dr. Pepper, so I have to bring my own. However, they would make me an alternative with Diet Coke and grenadine, so I bought those most of the time -- I'm on vacation -- I don't want to carry my bottle of soda everywhere with me!

We sell 8 pack cans of Coke at our store, and the DH use to buy the 8 pack of Pepsi in Plastic.

Now I am really confused with everyone bringing different quantities.

I understood we were allowed 1-12pk and 1-750 bottle of wine/champagne per person. Are we allowed to bring more soda and also water? or are some just taking it in on and not getting caught?

Thanks.

This is a pet peeve with me - we are ALLOWED a 12 pack of non alcholic beverage and 1 750 bottle of wine per person in our carry ons. You will always have those who push the limit, brag about putting it in checked luggage etc - but eventually they are going to ruin it for the rest of us when Carnival finally puts their foot done and says NOTHING will be allowed. Go with your booze smuggling but leave this one alone and don't blow it for us.

we went soda-less since we did not want to check it with the airline. do not forget that if you are flying to your port checking carbonated beverages in main luggage is not advisable and you cannot bring it thru security. if you are driving to your port it is not an issue :)

I think you answered your own question, carry it on, literally. :D

Archived