Bathing Suits Under clothes- or In a tote?

Milwaukeeee

With any Carribbean cruise one always goes to beaches and tours etc.

What do most of you recommend doing?

I'm sure it's easier to wear under clothing but what about getting back on tour busses etc?

Any advice about leaving totes etc. on towels when you leave your "sitting" spot on the beach. How did you handle that? Any stealing of cameras, money etc?

We usually wear our bathing suits under and carry our underwear in a beach bag for the trip back in case we stop anywhere.

I attach a metal clip used in sports climbing. It attaches the bag to a beach chair leg so that if it is grabbed, someone will have to drag the chair away too. I am not sure of the spelling but it is a caribeaner. Try a sports store.

• 2 weeks later...

I always carry my money, credit card and ships cards, etc in a waterproof wallet like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Dry-Alligator-Wallet/dp/B000BJ7WHE/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

Likewise I keep my camera in a waterproof case and take it into the water with me. http://www.adorama.com/Catalog.tpl?page=il_refine_search

From time to time we have left cameras in beach bags and not had any issues, but I'm well aware of the risk that I'm accepting by doing so.

Vacation Vaults are pretty secure as well. Only downside is the you must have something to attach it to and it is not large enough to hold a DSLR size camera.

We wear our bathing suits under our clothing if we know we will have time to dry off before boarding our transportation to return to the ship.

VacationVault_x.jpg.1edd73180c6e77bf74e806286a48937a.jpg

Also, don't carry the totebags with the Cruiseline's name on it if you are trying to "blend in" on a beach at a hotel. Just saying.:D;)

I'm not sure why this would make a difference. Would a thief on a Caribbean beach care if a tourist leaving items by their chair is staying at a hotel or from a cruise?

I'm not sure why this would make a difference. Would a thief on a Caribbean beach care if a tourist leaving items by their chair is staying at a hotel or from a cruise?

I'm guessing they are referring to if going to a beach that is for hotel guest's use you'll be called out on it when carrying your cruiseline tote. Not talking about items being stolen.

I'm guessing they are referring to if going to a beach that is for hotel guest's use you'll be called out on it when carrying your cruiseline tote. Not talking about items being stolen.

OK - I guess I assumed it was on topic with the rest of this thread. My mistake.

Beaches in Aruba are public. Anyone can walk onto the beach and lay a towel down on the sand.

Anyone can use the beach at a hotel however not their chaise lounges (hotel property) and shade palapas.

Archived