Glorious Glory

SailBabySail

Now that I have had a couple of days to come down from my high I just wanted to let you all know that our New England/Canada cruise Sept 25 - Oct 2nd was GREAT :D Not only did the weather cooperate but from the ship to the crew to the food to the ports everything was more than what I could have asked for. It was only the very last day (and not even the whole day but the latter part of the day) that was uncomfortable. Due to a really rough sea many people got seasick including my husband but still we have no complaints.

Now that I have had a couple of days to come down from my high I just wanted to let you all know that our New England/Canada cruise Sept 25 - Oct 2nd was GREAT :D Not only did the weather cooperate but from the ship to the crew to the food to the ports everything was more than what I could have asked for. It was only the very last day (and not even the whole day but the latter part of the day) that was uncomfortable. Due to a really rough sea many people got seasick including my husband but still we have no complaints.

i also got seasick on the last day of the cruise heading back to ny. The only thing that was annoying was waking up in the morning and hearing the FOG HORN at around 8am every time i went to the lido deck to get breakfast

i also got seasick on the last day of the cruise heading back to ny. The only thing that was annoying was waking up in the morning and hearing the FOG HORN at around 8am every time i went to the lido deck to get breakfast

Ah, yes, the foghorn. I guess it was a necessary evil. I was hoping to hear it and you know what they say "be careful what you wish for". I even did a short video to remember it by ;)

• 5 months later...

I will be sailing on the Glory next February and would like to know your thoughts on the ship when you sailed on her. I would also like to know how you felt about the cabin (2220) you stayed in. We also selected that same cabin since it had the porthole windows and the price was the same as an inside cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be sailing on the Glory next February and would like to know your thoughts on the ship when you sailed on her. I would also like to know how you felt about the cabin (2220) you stayed in. We also selected that same cabin since it had the porthole windows and the price was the same as an inside cabin.

This was the first time we did not have a balcony. The cabin itself was very roomy much like a balcony cabin without the balcony. Not sure what port you will be leaving from but we left out of NY in Sept and the weather was unusually warm and the sea calm except for the last day (stormy weather). With that said the cabin did not help as we felt each and every wave that slapped against the ship. I don't think I would do an inside or porthole cabin again as I get a bit claustrophobic but all in all it wasn't bad.

As for the ship itself: The Glory is a beautiful ship. The food was good and the staff excellent. We had a great time and I would sail her again in a heartbeat. I hope your cruise is as wonderful as ours.

We are in 2221 in May I will post after the trip.

Archived